Hubbard White Mountain Broiler

Eggseronious

Songster
14 Years
Mar 6, 2008
East Tennessee
I have some info on these but not a great lot. Anyone have any info, what about you Greyfield?
pop.gif

Last edited:
They're basically just a cornish cross, pretty much like all the others...

That's what I raised for my first batch (ever). I only had 10, but I didn't have any die except for a predator attack, and no other problems. I got mine from Townline (linked above) which is the only place I've seen them. But I think other hatcheries probably carry them, just under a more generic name.

Thats true UncleHoot, what I did notice that they mentioned the hens lay a fair amount of eggs also. Sorta seemed odd that they mentioned this.

I got 50 of these from Townline this year..they threw in a few extra...they are about 4 weeks old and doing great. Have not lost any. I feed them 20% protein feed, give them as much as they want and take out the food at about 7pm (return it at about 8am). One started showing some signs of a leg problem so i seperated it into my "hospital" brooder...I think the other chicks were squishing it to hard as it recovered well. I gave them more heat lamps since then as well.

Neighbors had these last year. They kept 5 hens, limited their food,and they laid an egg about every other day..they incubated their eggs..birds were not the same cross but still grew big and meaty.

Back
Top Bottom