Hubby finished the Pvc Xmas tree lighter heater for the brooder It is so nice

ladyearth

Songster
7 Years
Nov 23, 2013
kentucky
he made it a little shorter than the Xmas tree tote....WOW the new Girlies have so much room
This idea is from confererate money farm from Youtube......
Hubby(so brillant and Handy< I am so blessed)He only used less than half the string of lights with the wtr heater theromostat....
The chicky, chic, chicks are snuggled up next to the 3 inc pvc sewer and drain pipe With end caps)sleeping.....
Now if I just put in a roost and(Baby Girls< swing from last year and pine shavings.... maybe a light to see their tube water....tomorrow...
I dread the bitter cold spell that supp to start soon.....
thanks yall

he made it a little shorter than the Xmas tree tote....WOW the new Girlies have so much room
This idea is from confererate money farm from Youtube......
Hubby(so brillant and Handy< I am so blessed)He only used less than half the string of lights with the wtr heater theromostat....
The chicky, chic, chicks are snuggled up next to the 3 inc pvc sewer and drain pipe With end caps)sleeping.....
Now if I just put in a roost and(Baby Girls< swing from last year and pine shavings.... maybe a light to see their tube water....tomorrow...
I dread the bitter cold spell that supp to start soon.....
thanks yall
That sounds fascinating! Congrats to your clever Hubby ! Do you have pics to share?
Thanks!
Karen

The PVC heater looks great, and you don't have to worry about the fire hazard of a falling heat lamp! Which is fantastic!
You may want to reconsider the newspaper though. Its slick and can cause splayed legs and slipped tendons. Paper towels or rubber shelf liner are better options, much more grippy.
Good luck with your fluffy butts!

The PVC heater looks great, and you don't have to worry about the fire hazard of a falling heat lamp! Which is fantastic!
You may want to reconsider the newspaper though. Its slick and can cause splayed legs and slipped tendons. Paper towels or rubber shelf liner are better options, much more grippy.
Good luck with your fluffy butts!

x2. I agree about the newspaper.

I agree about the newspaper.

Can you provide a link to the youtube where you got this idea? It sounds very interesting.
caf.gif

yah I read about that (nwspaper)before but these wild girls ...have spilt so much grit and chick starter it not slippery. Plus I do have a paper towel or two in there... plus feeder and various other stuff . Now I put an old icecube container in there with a little dirt for them to scratch in. Need to find the swing Hubby made for my first batch of chicks.. need to make a little roost too.... I am prob going to have to move the tote to the ground.... cause those crazy little sillybutts liable to jump out soon....
I think its a miracle how they "scratch" the floor etc.. so instinctive .. with no Mama hen to teach them...

OH I forgot and clicked "submit "
hide.gif
before I gave the website. well its below in my next post.....

Last edited:
Heres the web site its also on you tube......The gentlemans PET HEATER is not against a "tote" side or wall so his chicks can crawl all over the pvc pipe....Now I have seen one of the lil wild girls get on top of the pipe......
REMEMBER ...to use the THIN WALL ....thin wall..... PVC .. sewer and drain.......... NOT SCHEDULE 40...... we did earlier and its not as warm.. I thought about a thin wall "pipe"
like the gentleman said in a later video....said he might try....like the dryer or vent fan type. They come flat lots of time and you fold them around together

http://cmfarm.us/pvc-heater.html
i am glad I bought plenty of extra christmas tree bulbs many years ago. Plus bought a bunch from an Ebay auction. I used to use the bulbs in my many nite lights.... c7 or c9 type... Hard to find the old bulbs too....cause lots of them are" cool"and they changed to 5 watts each... I even had some twinkling ones.. Naw they wont work Heck, I bet I had bulbs for 20 plus years. But not the lights.. I gave them all away. and they were good ones too. Lucky I found some more at thrift stores (new and cheap) and EBAY(more expensive with paying for shipping....))......
but all is SO WORTH it.. $8.00 for wtr. heater thermostat.... I think Hubby cut down the string to 7 lights......
dont yall ladies hesitate to try making one... cause if Hubby didnt then I would have......

Back
Top Bottom