Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

HI,
I RAISED MY 2 BOYS IN KERHONKSON.
WE HAD ALL KINDS OF ANIMALS, HORSES, DUCKS, PIGS BUT ONLY 1 CHICKEN.
I LIVE IN FLORIDA NOW AND HAVE 2 CHICKENS I KEEP FOR FRESH EGGS.
WE HAVE A FENCED IN YARD AND I LET THEM FREE RANGE ABOUT 2-3 HOURS A DAY.
THEY ARE THE MOST LOVABLE PETS I EVER HAD.
OF COURSE, WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE THEM HERE BUT MY NEIGHBORS DON'T COMPLAIN.
IT'S A BIG DIFFERENCE FORM HAVING 21 ACRES AND NOW A FENCED IN YARD.
I MISS THE COUNTRY.

Good Morning Hudson Valley Peeps~ !!!!
Hope everyone hasn't melted.
So far only one of the Freeloaders is laying but several others seem almost ready. I'm sure the heat and humidity isn't encouraging them. DH caught Mr. Blue the Roo in one of the nesting boxes the other day which made us question his/her gender again. No egg and no crowing so maybe He/She is just checking things out for a future romp in the hay...?

Lexi, how did the hatch go? Can't wait to see!

Welcome Sallysec and Helen Carter!

so I have been using the sand inside my coop for a couple of weeks now and I have to say I love it! My coop is small, and waist high so it is like cleaning a big cat litter pan. it only takes 5min every morning and everything is fresh and clean. smells good too!
ps: mr blue is really good looking I hope you eventually get some blue hens.

hello all --only a couple of hours away from everyone here from the looks of it. cooperstown!--my husbands sales job takes him all the way to Kingston and back thru, so I am familiar with the area.! my husband has always wanted a fuzzy chicken as he calls them. they are cute!!!!!--oopps grandson is here ---more later ty-d.

so I have been using the sand inside my coop for a couple of weeks now and I have to say I love it! My coop is small, and waist high so it is like cleaning a big cat litter pan. it only takes 5min every morning and everything is fresh and clean. smells good too!
ps: mr blue is really good looking I hope you eventually get some blue hens.

Glad to hear the sand is working out for you! I have yet to put it in the coop, but its the best thing I have ever put in my run!

Good Morning Hudson Valley Peeps~ !!!! Hope everyone hasn't melted. So far only one of the Freeloaders is laying but several others seem almost ready. I'm sure the heat and humidity isn't encouraging them. DH caught Mr. Blue the Roo in one of the nesting boxes the other day which made us question his/her gender again. No egg and no crowing so maybe He/She is just checking things out for a future romp in the hay...? Lexi, how did the hatch go? Can't wait to see! Welcome Sallysec and Helen Carter!

I bet you Mr.blue is really a hen! He/she should have atleast tried to crow by now or breed the girls.
I have 3 chicks so far and still one more egg almost finished! Ill get pics asap for you! Its just so darn hot out, I dont want to move from infront of my fan lol

I am in Rockland County...actually in the town of West Nyack to be exact. I have 12 girls outside. Four in what I call the "townhouse" that are adopted from a fellow BYC. In that coop I have a deleware, a white rock, a wellsummer, and an EE. The Wellie has a cross beak that requires trimming and grinding the Deleware doesn't lay anymore but she is a great pet still. As for the second coop I have eight girls there and they are almost a year old, 1 BR, 1 RIR, 1 EE (lays a blue egg), 1 Jersey, 1 Australorp, 1 Splash Andalusian, 1 Barnvelder, 1 GLW.
In the Incubator I have seven eggs Wheaten Blue/Blue Ameraucana, EE, OE. No Rooster so those eggs are shipped
fl.gif
. One pipped today but nothing since, it is driving me insane but I have held out from standing over the incubator and watching it all day. I just check on it every ten minutes or so instead.
gig.gif

Thank you all for the warm wishes

Back
Top Bottom