Humidity and temp question, Nurture Right 360

It'll be less stressful the next time, lol. I actually took off work for my first hatch and got nothing done for 2 days because I was staring at thermometers and eggs🤣 Trust the govees, and try and relax and watch the magic happen.
😂 That's hilarious, because I was tempted to call in sick Friday for that very reason! 🤣 I totally would if people weren't depending on me, for real. At least I've got a light day tomorrow and can be glued to the bator the rest of the day! Thanks!! 🙏

Lol. I am day 20 and 2 have hatched. Last one is pipped just waiting for the zip ... So maybe you will get lucky and they will hatch tomorrow night for you.
Aw yaayy!
And thank you, I am hoping so. Set them on a Saturday but we'll see if they're early birds. I work half day Saturday so Saturday pm and all day Sunday are for the peeps. ;)
Enjoy your hatch!

Aw yaayy!
And thank you, I am hoping so. Set them on a Saturday but we'll see if they're early birds. I work half day Saturday so Saturday pm and all day Sunday are for the peeps. ;)
Enjoy your hatch!
So you are day 18 today, Wed, then.. Thurs would be 19, Fri 20 Sat hatch day is 21. GL with your hatch! I can't wait to hear about it and see the babies.

So you are day 18 today, Wed, then.. Thurs would be 19, Fri 20 Sat hatch day is 21. GL with your hatch! I can't wait to hear about it and see the babies.
Since I set them on Saturday morning I counted that as day 1. Sunday a.m. would begin day 2, by my reckoning. When I gave my mama hen eggs on a Saturday evening she hatched out Thursday pm and by end of Friday they were all done, but I don't imagine I'll have them that early in an incubator? I shall see! Thank you, same with yours! :)

Well I'm reading up more, and while I was marking my air cells I am concerned they're not big enough. That's been my concern this entire process, but I erred on the side of the humidity the incubator suggested. RH averaged 50%, dutifully, but my air cells were not nearly as big as the diagrams at day 15 (save for the thinner shelled egg, which might be okay), and seemed to not have grown in the one I candled day 18. I dropped it to 45% for the last day hoping that would help, but I don't know what's going to happen. Sorry if I have no cute pics to share after all this. I'll see what happens and hope for the best. 🤞Thanks for all the support regardless!

Since I set them on Saturday morning I counted that as day 1. Sunday a.m. would begin day 2, by my reckoning. When I gave my mama hen eggs on a Saturday evening she hatched out Thursday pm and by end of Friday they were all done, but I don't imagine I'll have them that early in an incubator? I shall see! Thank you, same with yours! :)
If you set them Saturday morning Sunday morning would be day 1. You never know how hatches are going to go, I've done 2 hatches this year and both were 2 days early, my broody hatch was 1 day early. Last year, besides the occasional early bird they were all pretty much on time.

Like @Auntiejessi3 said. day 1 is after 24 hrs in the incubator. I always think my aircells look WAY too small. the 1-2 days before hatch I have found is when they draw down and get bigger, mine rarely start that or barely start it before I candle on day 18 and put them in lockdown yet when I candle after (yes they say not to but if no external pips it doesn't hurt anything) they are much bigger and drawn down. Mine hatch fine. yes I have had bad hatches but I don't think air cells had anything to do with that. for some reason mine like to hatch around day 19-20 so 21 seems "late" to me. I have had the occasional chick go to day 21 and sometimes shipped eggs but my own eggs don't seem to, either in the incubator or the couple times under a broody. Others day 22 is normal or 21 etc. so it can change for each person/hatch. Heck I just had a duck that should hatch on day 28 not hatch till day 32 every other egg in that incubator that made it to lockdown hatched days 27 & 28.

Back
Top Bottom