Hurt Foot Call Duck

TunaMooCookieChallah

In the Brooder
Feb 16, 2024
I went to put the flock to bed last night and noticed my drake, Tuna, limping. His foot was a bit bloody and he had two small holes in the webbing. Should I clean it off and wrap it, or just let it be. Normally, I would just let it heal on its own, but it’s feeling warm to the touch and is swelling. I will include photos, but you can’t make out the holes because of how swollen it has gotten. I’m keeping them in their run today so he isn’t hobbling to keep up with everyone. He is my favorite (shh) and I tend to panic whenever something is amiss with him.

Attachments

• IMG_6688.jpeg
    IMG_6688.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6686.jpeg
    IMG_6686.jpeg
    354.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6685.jpeg
    IMG_6685.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 2
Use a saline solution to clean real well and apply Veterycin. Since it is swollen I would not let it heal on its own. You can even soak the foot in a nice warm salt water bath Epsom salt works good too. Just don’t let him drink it it is also a laxative.
What a cutie
Veterycin or some other antibiotic ointment will work

Use a saline solution to clean real well and apply Veterycin. Since it is swollen I would not let it heal on its own. You can even soak the foot in a nice warm salt water bath Epsom salt works good too. Just don’t let him drink it it is also a laxative.
What a cutie
Veterycin or some other antibiotic ointment will work
Thank you! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom