I am sooo mad I could spit nails!

coopgirl

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Jesup, GA
Excuse me while I vent. Monday evening, my future son-in law came home from work to discover that all four of his pit-bulls has been shot point blank through their ears! He immediately called me as I run a large-breed dog rescue and I called the sheriff. This young man works so hard and loves his dogs. They were all tethered to their dog houses in his back yard. They are very family friendly as they have been raised with kids. Attached is a picture of Maggie, the oldest at 3 years. Also killed were one her pups, 1 1/2 year old Haus, 4 month old Jo Jo and 1 year old Nala. I just can't believe that anyone would come in to someone's yard and shoot poor defenseless dogs. They would have had to hold each dog by the collar and put the gun in their ear to do this. We think we know who did it, a neighbor, and I offered to have the dogs necropsied to remove the bullets but the sheriff said it wouldn't matter because they wouldn't be able to get a search warrant to match the gun to the bullets. So in other words, nothing will be done. I called a reporter the next day and today a news article came out about the tragedy. I just want people to realize that evil truly exists!

40003_l_47afb145ee8241ea848379f669a74f98.jpg

Last edited:
We don't know. The dogs have never had a complaint to Animal Control. And they only barked if someone came into the back yard. He is just a cantankerous old poop!

It is a CRIME to shoot dogs that had no protection against the shooter. If they were penned up, tied up, or in the house and someone comes along to shoot the dog or dogs, you BET someone will be jailed.

We had a few gang bangers shooting off dogs randomlessly and they got caught, fined and jailed for x amount of years. Those were teenagers.

thats terrible, you should sugar water your neighbors car... i have two dogs of my own and i don't know what i'd do if someone shot them... sorry to hear this

It is a crime and that's why I am so upset. If someone could do this, what else are they capable of doing. I took pictures of the dogs to post to an email chain we rescuers use, hoping that it would generate some outrage and prompt the Sheriff to do more. We will see.

I live in a tiny little town and last year we had a few pits killed. Personally I don't like pits but to kill a dog just because is just sick. At the least we can rest with the knowledge that your son in laws dogs weren't tortured.

Back
Top Bottom