I am very sad

HAMISH

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 24, 2008
I have 5 hens and 2 roosters they started to fight
hmm.png
so rehomed one rooster with a friend who has about 30 hens so he got a nice home and can still roam free he is happy

our neighbours have moved and left all their chickens I am really upset and cross;)
Not really wanting anymore as mine roam free but will need to get homes for them:(

Last edited:
Well, put up a sign "hens, $4 a peice". Bet someone would pick them up in a heart beat. And you would get $ to pay for their grain. Good luck and so sorry to hear that. People are just miserable. Grrrrr.

Sorry didnt say I am in South Africa
My chickens came up from the neighbours they relocated sensible:)

Your neighbors moved and just left their chickens behind? That is so mean! Either that or they were so destitute and in such dire straits they couldn't deal with the situation.

So, can you post on craigslist or somewhere for people to come adopt them? Is there an SPCA local that will take them in? You shouldn't have to take it all on yourself.

And, sorry about your fighting roosters. i have some hens that are bickering now and may have to rehome one as she is getting too picked on. It's hard sometimes being a chicken owner, isn't it?

I'm so sorry to hear that. I had ordered a couple of Silkies and it turned out that when one reached sexual maturity it had characteristics of both genders! Then it started fighting with the rooster! It was not a pretty sight. There was blood all over the place. I was really upset and had to kill the chicken with both female and male parts. I couldn't even bear to eat it because it was a pet and it trusted me. It was much harder than I thought it would be because I'd already had it for almost a year. No wonder it was such an aggressive eater when I got the started Silkies.

hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom