I can’t save her can I?

Poodlemum

Crowing
Aug 26, 2021
Northern Utah
Penny has been struggling with crop issues for a very long time. She has prolapsed previously and seemed fine on the back end, I check her often just in case. MASSIVE squishy crop, I treated with monistat and it resolved briefly. She gets grit with probiotics or something, free ranges. Constant access to water via heated nipples and I try to keep on top of nasty puddles, but not possible in this weather. I’ve been unable to get it under control and was going to inquire about draining her crop, but she turned bad this evening. Went to tuck everyone in and she was upside down with muck pouring from her mouth. Legs acting weird, she’s just very bad. No vet will take chickens here… We need to cull her, correct? I’d love to save her, but don’t want her to suffer

Honestly, if you really want to save her, put her somewhere she can't lose her balance over bight and reevaluate how she acts in the morning. Personally I'd put her down, but mine aren't all pets either and I don't have the time or wish to hospitalize most birds

Back
Top Bottom