12 Years
Apr 5, 2007
Maine
For the first time photographed and online:

Lady Jane:
34f0Eoi0wAFTJxFxOpR9MjPqNOkfLPWpC2C8v4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

and her boyfriend Rocky B.:
34f0Eoi0wAFTJxFxOpR9MjPqNHiakOxcQF5Uv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

WOOHOO! After an exhaustive search, I finally was able to track down a breeder for the blue splash d'Anvers!!! This was the last pair she had, since she will no longer be breeding/showing them. She did have an unbelievable assortment of all the other types of d'Anvers, though (74 birds in all). I paid more than I care to admit, but am SO VERY glad to have them here!! The funniest part is that I was so desperate I was firing off e-mails to every corner of this country (and last night even considered looking overseas, but figured shipping costs would be astronomical), and when I finally tracked them down they were 1/2 an hr away from me! They are resting comfortable right next to me, so I can keep an eye on them tonight. Tomorrow I come up with accomodations for the next few weeks.

Moral of the story: If you want a specific kind, keep looking. I tracked her down through someone else that breeds d'Anvers.. amazing really.
And if you breed and sell, make sure your name is on-line somewhere. Otherwise, how can people find you?!

-Meghan

LOL! That was for photographic affect...

Actually... you caught me. I'm lacksidaisical to say the least. Still waiting for the maid to show up (you know, the one I hired 6 years ago, when I first had kids?!!). I even told my dh he could have a girlfriend as long as she does laundry and dishes..

-Meghan

Hi Meghan, regarding your post about not caring if DH had a girlfriend as long as she did the laundry and the dishes...too funny and I'm so with you on that! Told my DH something along the same lines and he immediately came back with, "yea, and you can have a boyfriend as long as he pays half the bills!"
hmm.png

Quote:
Its OK, send em over here and I will get the DW to iron them for you !..............Uhhhhh never mind here she comes and I'm supposed to be ironing not on the puter!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom