I got a Kindle for Mother's Day

horsejody

Squeaky Wheel
11 Years
Feb 11, 2008
Waterloo, Nebraska
DH got me a Kindle for Mother's Day. I love it. I hate that he spent that much money, but I love the Kindle. He also got me a $25 gift certificate at Amazon.com. I bought 3 e-books and still have about $17 left on it. I have downloaded a ton of free books too.

Lucky you! What a wonderful gift!

I have wanted one for a very long time! But, I have the free version for my iPhone and I love that! If they made more textbooks available on the Kindle then I would most definitely buy one!

Enjoy!!

Got one for xmas - I love the free books. We had a long talk before getting one - I was con and he was pro. I love books - and could have a house full - DH likes that I can now carry my library around in one hand
lol.png

I don't think I'll ever get one, I love the smell of books. Maybe if they could make a Kindle that released the scent of a brand new book when you turn a page...hmm...

Anyway, my sister has a Kindle and loves it, I hope you like yours as much as she likes hers.

Quote:
Todays way of saying "Romance Novels" Now before the claws come out, I am only kidding.

rant.gif
smack.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
I am only kidding, Penturner - I myself call those novels a mutts book but with the s on the other end. Do read them, too.
big_smile.png

Actually I was very surprised that most classics are free for download. Plus - well I am a skinflint - penny pincher - I have only purchased on ebook so far, but I have 4 pages of downloaded free books and they are books I would not normally "pay" for and take a chance on. Most have been excellent - just finished The Equivoque Principle by Darren Craske - fantastic cast of characters. Before that Atomic Lobster Free (with bonus material) by Tim Dorsey.

I think it is great that there is an app for the iphone.

Back
Top Bottom