I hand spin wool!!

Participated in one our local historic site's sheep shearing on Saturday. It was my 4th year. This year the shearer asked me which fleece I wanted since I always buy one. Bless that man!!! I said the little black one; a yearling! So soft
1f60a.png
. Very thrilled! The weather was bad so we actually got to buy another one. Super super tickled with the whole thing. It's great to spin and teach folks about the wonders of fiber. Always have a good time

Participated in one our local historic site's sheep shearing on Saturday. It was my 4th year. This year the shearer asked me which fleece I wanted since I always buy one. Bless that man!!! I said the little black one; a yearling! So soft
1f60a.png
. Very thrilled! The weather was bad so we actually got to buy another one. Super super tickled with the whole thing. It's great to spin and teach folks about the wonders of fiber. Always have a good time

My mom hooks rugs with wool. She's amazing! She has an etsy shop and a Facebook page. Her business name is Vintage Heart Primitives.

Do you use drop spindle or wheel?
love.gif
I do both - and anything I can get my hands on ... the cat, the dog, sheep, alpaca, goats .... haven't tried the squirrels but they are looking rather fluffy ....
Do you mix the dog hair with wool?

Yes, about 80/20 because the dog hair doesn't have much crimp. Our Golden Mix is extremely fluffly and I do enjoy spinning his undercoat.

Hi
I have 2 registered German Angora Rabbits BEW. A lilac point doe and a German Hybrid Buck with some Giant in him! Then I have 2 pet German Angora's. One is white BEW who I think is pregnant by my buck! My mistake, I don't know what I was thinking putting her in the cage next to his when I was cleaning the cages. All of a sudden there was a bang bang bang noise coming from the cages and he was able to get to her. And I have a Chestnut doe. I have and electric spinner and and electric carder that my husband and son made for me! What i'd like to know is if there is any website that is free and is there anyone out there that could help me make a FB or website to help me sell and showoff my bunnies and what I have done!

Back
Top Bottom