I hatched some babies!

Tre3hugger

Let Your Freak Flag Fly
Mar 21, 2020
NW Massachusetts
I set 7 guinea eggs about 26 days ago and starting yesterday they have been hatching. As of now I have 5. 4 hatched yesterday and 1 this morning. I removed the 4 that hatched yesterday this morning and moved them into a brooder in my shed. They have a heat lamp on a thermostat keeping the hot side at 90 AND a brooder plate. Probably overkill. I will lover the ambient incrementally starting tomorrow. Just wanted to give the little ones a good start and the shed is not temp controlled and it will be 40 tonight. The one that hatched this morning needed a little help out of the shell and seems touch and go at the moment. It is in the incubator, breathing but not moving around much. We shall see how it goes with that one. I think I have 4 pied and 1 "normal". Here are some pics!
20210513_065439.jpg
20210513_085310.jpg

20210512_082435.jpg

Congratulations!!! :celebrate Cute little puffins! :love
Thanks. The 5 that hatched are doing great. Still have one in the bator. I will give it until tomorrow morning and then call it good.

Yesterday I found a nest with 40 eggs on it! I only have 2 females so they must have been working on it for a while. It was in a great spot, under a bunch of fallen pine logs. I stole the eggs and fed them to some of my other animals. In hindsight, I should have left a few. She will now likely just find a new spot!

I set 7 guinea eggs about 26 days ago and starting yesterday they have been hatching. As of now I have 5. 4 hatched yesterday and 1 this morning. I removed the 4 that hatched yesterday this morning and moved them into a brooder in my shed. They have a heat lamp on a thermostat keeping the hot side at 90 AND a brooder plate. Probably overkill. I will lover the ambient incrementally starting tomorrow. Just wanted to give the little ones a good start and the shed is not temp controlled and it will be 40 tonight. The one that hatched this morning needed a little help out of the shell and seems touch and go at the moment. It is in the incubator, breathing but not moving around much. We shall see how it goes with that one. I think I have 4 pied and 1 "normal". Here are some pics!
View attachment 2666941View attachment 2666945
View attachment 2666950
AWWWWWW THERE PIED TOO AHHHHH

Back
Top Bottom