I Remember When...

Who wants to see a movie twice in a row anyway? I think my brain would be fried after four hours in a theater.
lol.png
Kids...... mine could watch 2x 3x if you would let them. Heck i watch the same movie 12 times in a row at Christmas

Original post for those who have forgotten or never bothered to read it reads in part:

Quote:
Now you get in when they say you can, you leave when they say you must even if the theater is only half full, and and it costs more. Greed!

When we went to the movies there was one or two movies that you payed to watch. Now most movie places have more then one screen showing different movies. If they didn't make people leave then people could just go watch the other movies for free. You're comparing a single screen movie theater with a multi screen one.
It's NOT greed to get payed for every movie that someone watches.

That still doesn't explain why, when the theater is only half full you still can only watch the movie once.

Incidentally, Gone With the Wind was released in 1939 and is still one of the most gorgeous movies ever made, in my opinion. New and improved is rarely better. (Also my opinion
wink.png
)

You are free to watch a movie more than once, you just need to pay for it. Like I said before, this incident happened three days after Zero Dark Thirty's wide release. The theater crew was likely trying to clear the theater for the next sold out screening.

Keywords there being sold out.

Incidentally, Gone With the Wind was released in 1939 and is still one of the most gorgeous movies ever made, in my opinion. New and improved is rarely better. (Also my opinion
wink.png
)
Also, I never said the films themselves got better, I said the movie going experience has. Some of my favorite films are classics as well.

I remember going to the movie theatre when it was 75 cents (small seaside town) I wanted to go see a movie there so bad and didn't have any money. I scrounged around and found 75 cents - in pennies! I walked the mile to get there with my little brown bag of pennies and (thank God there wasn't a line) dumped them out for the cashier to count out. She wouldn't let me in til she counted every cent.
lol.png
I don't remember the movie though
hmm.png

I remember the arcade too! Spent a lot of my teen years there and was pretty good at pinball & skeeball. I also remember Kimba!

Back
Top Bottom