Pics

chicks are life

Songster
Feb 11, 2016
North carolina
I have a flock of 20
2 of which are babies with two more moms: eating chick feed
The other 18 eat chicken feed

I started fermenting 3.5 to 4 gallons of chicken feed and a large icecream bucket full of chick feed.

I will give out the feed and fill as needed

The feed in the buckets is outside in 97° heat today not including humidity the chick feed was bubbling tonight!!!!
Should I feed the chick feed tommarow?

I stir every time I go out to the coop which is often.

His much longer till I should remove the chicken feed?

You can start feeding with it now, but it won't be full on fermented for a few more days. You won't need to remove it except for feeding. It will get better and better over time as long as it doesn't get moldy. Just add more feed and water as needed. it will take you some getting used to that they won't eat as much feed now, (bonus!) so don't be surprised if there's leftovers!

2x I got (4) 19wk old BO pullets, I make about 1 cup a day not more than 2 using the ratio 1:1. I prefer oatmeal consistency & they do too. Mixing 2 - 3x day is plenty. You're also going to find they tend to eat less during the warmer months, drink less water overall & cherish the benefits. My favorite is poop is firmer, less of it & no stink (cecal still stinks) plus no feed waste and all the nutritional plus.

Welp, I've done more research on ff than anything else and I've read time and time again that ppl experienced mold in ff when not fully submerged. Being that you would have to throw the entire batch out I prefer to not take any chances :)

Back
Top Bottom