I want a dog to run with

Quote:
What a great idea! It's also less of a commitment for your folks right now. It gets a bit tricky getting teen agers dogs because they will be at home a limited amount of time. Most times when you move out your first place won't allow pets, leaving a beloved dog would be really hard. If your folks want a new dog, great. But otherwise I would bum one off of a neighbor. Borrowed dogs are wonderful, you get to enjoy the fun while the care is someone else's responsibility.

My lab is a lovely running buddy. In his younger days my beagle was as well. Beagles may be short, but they are bred to run, though of course they aren't known for their obedience
lol.png

Our lab was a great runner for years. She loved to go for a 6 mile run and then stop off at a river, pond or creed for a quick dip. Now that she is aging, 1 mile is about her top distance, but she still loves it.

At first, she didn't know what I expected of her. (We rescued her at about age 5.) But it didn't take long and she stuck at my left side all the time. Now she doesn't know how to walk anywhere except on my left side.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom