Icelandic Chickens

My Easter Hatchalong Icelandics were set on Monday, the 19th, two days late to accommodate some late shipped eggs. I took them out of the incubator and split them up between three broody pullets on Thursday night. When I was out in the coop a bit ago, I tried lifitng each pullet and could hear a chick peeping under each of them. I didn't investigate further but will probably have some pictures later this week.

Mary, I hatched one Isbar chick!! I'm hoping it's a girl!!

Congrats!!!!
jumpy.gif

My Easter Hatchalong Icelandics were set on Monday, the 19th, two days late to accommodate some late shipped eggs. I took them out of the incubator and split them up between three broody pullets on Thursday night. When I was out in the coop a bit ago, I tried lifitng each pullet and could hear a chick peeping under each of them. I didn't investigate further but will probably have some pictures later this week.

Mary, I hatched one Isbar chick!! I'm hoping it's a girl!!

Mary, was the one chick from the replacement eggs? If so, Yikes, you are having bad luck. Two people just hatched 6 out of 7, and 5 out of 7.

Joyous that is a great looking coop, just near what I need !

Re the Wry necks, I had just the one, this morning it was much worse so I put it down, the other two that came with her seem to be fine. Doing well outside.

Beautiful day here now, sunny, little or no breeze but we had a hard freeze last night.

Spring is here, MI style.
Re wry neck. I've had a couple birds get it, usually the silkies... But I give them poly-vi-sol infant vitamins without iron, and they do just fine. A couple drops three or four times a day for a couple days does the trick. Sorry you lost one Jake.

Back
Top Bottom