Ideal Poultry

Im thinking of ordering ducklings from Ideal Poultry.

But have to wait for next year for the breeds I would like but still.

Good to see everyone is leaving a positive message about Ideal.
smile.png

my first order from them had some issues because I ordered so few (11) and the lil guys got cold on the trip here. We lost 4 of them unfortunately. Having said that Ideal were fantastic to deal with, sorted the problem out immediately without question. I have another shipment from them coming in on May31/june1st.

The birds that we have from them now are really great. Healthy, vigorous eaters and loads of fun for my son (and me!)

I've always heard good things about Ideal's service, shipping and the health of their chicks. Not such good things about the breed quality of their purebred chickens.

Quote:
Probably w/ some breeds. But one of the guys that I frequently trade chickens with shows, and he speaks pretty highly of them. Ideal states on their site with certain breeds that "they are only a representation of the breed and may not necessarily be show quality" so at least they tell you what's what, unlike other hatcheries. JMO

I just got a shipment from Ideal and they were shipped to the wrong town. I don't know if it was Ideal or the USPS who messed up. they were shipped to a small town up in the NC mountains. They carried them to a town 30 minutes east of us who in turn called my friend who ordered them. she was going to have to drive to pick them up but a mail carrier just happened to be coming our way and brought them to our town. I twas probably the Postal Service. But the chicks were in good shape and really adorable.

TJ

I just ordered 10 chicks from Ideal last week. Fingers crossed they arrive Okay. They should be shipped on the 13th of june.
smile.png
This will be my first order from Ideal, but everyone seemed to have such good things to say so I thought I would give it a shot. I have previously ordered fro Mcmurray, and Meyer hatcheries, and they were great.
smile.png

Well I made an online order with Ideal on Friday night (the 18th) for 5 ducklings and 2 bantams, and paid with Paypal. I listed the "desired delivery date" as "ASAP" since I didn't have a particular day in mind, and I figured they would call or email me with the exact shipping date.

I waited and waited these past few days for the order confirmation email (or phone call), and as I went to bed last night I had decided I would call today. Well I woke up to my phone ringing and it was the POST OFFICE saying my chicks had arrived!!
ep.gif

I wish I had recieved the confirmation, just to know exactly when to expect them, but I guess I can't complain! Of the shipment, only one duckling was pretty droopy and I did end up losing her later in the day, unfortunately. But all the rest seem strong and ready to go!

They were packed really well in a small box with compressed straw on the bottom and along half of the walls. Some of the chicks (and my other ducklings) that I bought at the feed store were from Ideal, and I'd have to say they are all doing great. This is my first time getting chicks shipped to me, and I can now recommend Ideal!

We have had several orders from Ideal. We have found them very friendly and helpful. We had issues with 2 of our orders, losing a large number of the chicks up to 70%. Once ideal was notified they promptly replaced our order, no questions asked. Very pleased with the chicks and now chickens. :)

Back
Top Bottom