If anyone has access to this feed, TRY IT!

Alexandra33

Chook Snuggler
9 Years
Apr 3, 2015
Northwest Ohio - The Buckeye State!
I recently discovered the next best thing since sliced bread.....my flock is completely hooked. Kalmbach added a new feed to their lineup, which (in a nutshell) is scratch and a balanced diet, with oyster shell and grit included in the mix. I've never envisioned anything like it, in all my time keeping poultry! :eek: It's safe to say I got a little too excited....perhaps to a ridiculous degree. :lol:

Has anybody besides me tried this? :)

Henhouse Reserve web.png

DSCN2418.JPG

~Alex

I recently discovered the next best thing since sliced bread.....my flock is completely hooked. Kalmbach added a new feed to their lineup, which (in a nutshell) is scratch and a balanced diet, with oyster shell and grit included in the mix. I've never envisioned anything like it, in all my time keeping poultry! :eek: It's safe to say I got a little too excited....perhaps to a ridiculous degree. :lol:

View attachment 1946348
View attachment 1946349
~Alex
No I have not tried it. It looks really healthy and full of different seeds. I think I may get some for the hens birthday. Where did you get it?

View attachment 1946348
View attachment 1946349
~Alex
https://www.kalmbachfeeds.com/sites/default/files/specs/T1117.pdf

No I have not tried it. It looks really healthy and full of different seeds. I think I may get some for the hens birthday. Where did you get it?
Definitely. :) Unless your birds are rather picky, they'll absolutely love it.

I got it straight from the main plant, since we live close by. I'm not sure if Kalmbach supplies any of your local feed stores.....it would certainly be something to look into. :D
Thank you for posting the nutritional specs! :)
I think it might be a nice snack but knowing my hens they'd pick out the bits they like and leave the rest behind.
Also they've got access to a lot of soil so grit seems like filler weight for me.
Every flock is different, as I've found. :lol: Mine are gluttons, and will devour everything thrown their way.....unless of course it's green.

That's understandable. :) Same here. Thankfully, though, there didn't seem enough grit included in to make it completely uneconomical.

~Alex

I think it might be a nice snack but knowing my hens they'd pick out the bits they like and leave the rest behind.
Also they've got access to a lot of soil so grit seems like filler weight for me.
Same here I might look into it as a snack. But chickens are too much like kids sprinkle skittles on there broccoli they will pick out all the skittles and leave the broccoli because they are full.
Maybe you could soak it or ferment it to make it harder to pick through.

Back
Top Bottom