If my baby chicks are quiet...

thistlewick

Chirping
May 11, 2024
Are they happy and content? They were just chillin/sleeping (?) under the warming plate but I thought maybe it was not low enough, I stuck a thermometer down there and it shows 82

These are 1 week old chicks from Tractor Supply

When I went in to mess with the plate to put it at an angle (as so many of you here suggested) they perked right up and zoomed over to pile up in a corner, but still no big cheeps or squawking of alarm. I talk to them constantly in a reassuring tone.

Just haven't been around chicks since I was a girl and I want them happy, so if they are quiet, hanging around the warming plate, is that ok?

Next steps right now; I'm going to put a camera on them! haha

They are either relaxing/ sleeping or dead. Only you can decide which.

Attachments

• IMG_6163.JPG
    IMG_6163.JPG
    908 KB · Views: 17
lol okay - they weren't dead

They are in the garage, which is warm and toasty and dim, but not dark, there are windows in the garage and the garage door -- hope they don't think it's night time 😂

It is their first day home, maybe they are just resting from the stress of moving?

It got cold in the garage last night, 66 ambient temp - 84 under the plate, where they hung out

But adorably, when I visited them in the early hours they woke right up and popped right out to walk around a bit and eat.

We are getting a space heater today because the next few mornings are cold. Will make it nice and toasty for them!

Back
Top Bottom