Im confused.

Apr 9, 2023
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
So, I have something that is kinda crazy going on with an egg right now. Today is day 13 of 23 for the incubation if gambel quail eggs. I candled this certain egg and it is incredibly dark inside the egg. I can't see anything in it which is usually a sign that is about to hatch but the problem is today is day 13. I saw it move a little inside the incubator as well. I though it might have been a rotten egg I smelt it to make sure but no it smells normal. I'm so confused. Any thoughts?

So, I have something that is kinda crazy going on with an egg right now. Today is day 13 of 23 for the incubation if gambel quail eggs. I candled this certain egg and it is incredibly dark inside the egg. I can't see anything in it which is usually a sign that is about to hatch but the problem is today is day 13. I saw it move a little inside the incubator as well. I though it might have been a rotten egg I smelt it to make sure but no it smells normal. I'm so confused. Any thoughts?
I also candled the other eggs and they are still showing signs of growth and they aren't complete yet.

Most likely it developed or is developing a little faster than the others....could be in a warmer spot in the incubator....could have started developing during shipping if it was hot weather, ie; 80°F or above.

Most likely it developed or is developing a little faster than the others....could be in a warmer spot in the incubator....could have started developing during shipping if it was hot weather, ie; 80°F or above.
The weather was around that temp, so could I expect it to hatch earlier if so how soon do you think it may hatch. I know its a complicated question to answer but I'm going out of town soon for 1 or 2 days and my cousin is going to watch over the eggs, but she doesn't know what to do if one hatches. In that case I would stay. I will attach a picture of the one that developed faster vs the regular one if needed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom