I'm so old I Remember when:

Pics
Leaving the house on a summer morning and not being back until dinner. Then when the sun went down, we would play hide and go seek in the dark. Good times
Ahhh, yes! Before we moved to the country, the whole neighborhood full of kids would be outside playing till dinnertime, at each others' yards or in the surrounding woods & fields. Each Mom had her own way of calling her kids home. One used an old ranch-style triangle, another blew a conch shell. We wished Mom would try the classic Tarzan yell (which Carol Burnett did wonderfully on her show that we loved so much!)

Doctors smoking in hospital hallways.
And in the grocery store!
I am so old I remember being paddled at school.
And other peoples parents could spank you!
I'm so old I remember when everyone smoked at the movie theaters,
Resteraunts..pharmacies, teachers had smoking lounges..
Did anyone have one of these? I played with this thing a long time til my brother broke it to see how it worked. :lol:

View attachment 3657338
Yes!
I can remember going to drive-in theaters.
We still have one locally!

Blessedly, our landlines are still powered so they work when PG&E blacks out...frequent occurrence in winter and wildfire seasons. Lots of "antique" things still work out here on The Lost Coast; modern things, not so much (internet especially).
A few years ago the phone company was working on the junction box in our backyard. He said to reduce redundancy and avoid upgrading the whole underground phone system, they were switching landlines over to internet.

Back
Top Bottom