I'm so old I Remember when:

Glasses 1rst, dishes 2nd, silver next than the pots and pans. Mom was adamant about the order.
My mom would agree with you. I do them in this order most of the time. Trying to teach my daughter.... Most important to me is glasses first letting flatware soak while doing the rest.
Dishes first, bowls second, followed by glasses, then silverware, and pots and pans last....😂

Pots/pans, plates, bowls, glasses, and finally silverware :D

Ours was like this too except it was tupperware first, then the rest.
My mom always insisted on glasses first.
Fascinating!
My Dad was in charge of doing the dishes. His only requirements were to use water so hot you had to wear rubber gloves.

Hot means clean!
My hands are so tender. I just can't use water as hot as some people use!

Hahaha I developed arthritis in my knees when I was 12, like, literally when I was 12. 😂

Try high dose vitamin D. I take 5000ui. You can even go higher .. the only side-effect is itching - similar to a light sunburn (overdose). That's when you know to reduce the dose a bit.

Yes the plastic bags are just getting thinner and that necessarily requires doubling them up because they rip so easily. They’re not really saving money or the planet in the long run.
One of the stores got a bad batch of bags in recently. Even doubling them made no difference, they split open as soon as picked up. They went through a lot of bags really fast.

Except for the dad jokes...I don't know about anyone else's, but my dads jokes would get you in trouble today. PC wasn't a thing and it seemed most of the playground dad jokes we shared made fun of someone. My dad was part polish but Polack jokes were his favorites. Polish toilet paper etc
My mom told me about when she was a girl (1930s & 40s) and how all the ethnic neighborhood people got along. They would use words like Guinea, Wop, Mick, Polak to describe each other, and then they'd laugh over the names. No one was offended.

Cursive needs to be taught at home if it isn't being taught at school. When I compare the handwriting of my grandparents / great-grandparents to my own ...I can see how far man has fallen behind in both skill and aptitude. I've spent years writing a weather diary, all in cursive and even bought a handmade timber pen!

Beautiful Neat Cursive Handwriting : 5 Reasons Why
My eldest granddaughter is 7, and is learning cursive in school. She hates it, so I sent her a postcard written in cursive.
:gig
My handwriting is bad except when I want to impress, then I write properly as Miss Quigley taught us.

Back
Top Bottom