I'm so old I Remember when:

Just sang this to my granddaughter the other day. along with the 3 Stooges alphabet song and 3, 6, 9 the Goose drank wine monkey chewed tobacco on a street car line. My Daughter blew it for me when she told granddaughter, "Pop didn't make those up, he sang them to me when I was little along with the Unicorn song".
Oh the Unicorn song by the Irish Rovers 💕

I was at my niece's place last month and happened to see an album hanging on her wall with n her living room, I was tempted to bring it home with me 😁 her Dad (my BIL) had it and gave it to her. Great memories watching The Irish Rovers Show 💕

Was so furious one night when I had to bring my grandmother to emergency. The twit Nurses calling her by her first name - except one older Nurse who called her Mrs …. I made a point of thanking her and telling the other Nurses that when I trained to be a Nurse we called everyone Ms, Mrs Mr or sire or ma’am. We had to wear our hair up it couldn’t touch the collar of our inform which was always white, and we had to wear our hats (ok glad the hats are gone - hated when they fell into the bed pans 😆), we could wear a dress or slacks but it had to be white.

Each section’s uniforms were a separate colour - blue for housekeeping, yellow for dietary, maintenance guys wore dark blue. Drs wore scrubs or lab coats over street clothes.

One knew who they were approaching to ask a question, these days the nurses housekeeping dietary - they all wear uniforms willy-nilly all sorts of colours and patters you don’t know who’s who!

It ticks me off when someone calls me by my
First name and I don’t know them. And I will call them out on that! Gosh I am an old fart!
The local hospital decided to assign scrub colors to departments. My question is this: what brainiac thought ER should wear black, the color of death?!
:eek:

I loved horses, never learned to ride. Still love watching them run.
I rode once on a friends horse that ran like the wind. I had no riding instructions at all. They just put me on him and all ended well but I never got back on a horse since. I was content to take thousands of photos of others riding in all kinds of events. I really miss photographing the 4H youth at their equestrian meets.

Back
Top Bottom