I'm so old I Remember when:

I got a tall pair for Christmas. They are ok but I don't like them because the are so narrow at the top I can't get my pants legs inside without 5 minutes of effort tucking a wadded up pants leg into the boots so the wet doesn't wick up them. I guess if I wore only spandex stretch pants they would work fine. That is an ugly thought!
I must have perfect legs which isn't surprising. Ya I just kind of fold the front of my jeans over and the boots easily go over them. And with my cowboys boots it's a tad tight at the top but not really an issue sliding my jeans over them.
I've always had the mid to tall just to keep them tucked to keep mud off the jeans but that look is a little redneck to wear some places. I thought the short ones would be ok when it's not too bad outside and would look better with the jeans on the outside if I need to run somewhere.
Now I can be one of those that wear my chicken shoes in public.

So true, so true

I did need a new pair of mud boots so I got the normal muck boots and also a pair of these short mucks. I'm actually liking these odd little boots. Haven't even worn the tall ones yet.
View attachment 3719811
I bought 'em last year and absolutely love, love, love. I needed new boots for my geriatric trot all the way to the coop. Mine are slip-on too, and do amazing on ice as well.
1704487959114.png

I got a tall pair for Christmas. They are ok but I don't like them because the are so narrow at the top I can't get my pants legs inside without 5 minutes of effort tucking a wadded up pants leg into the boots so the wet doesn't wick up them. I guess if I wore only spandex stretch pants they would work fine. That is an ugly thought!
Leggings! I have to have cotton ones though, but I live in those things, night and day. I have leg warmers for going outside to put on over them.

My issue is likely due to being short , over weight and old. Even folding my jeans over against the leg it is a very tight squeeze to push the fabric in around the boot top and then it tends to bunch up inside the top portion. I wore tall rubber boots for years with a wider opening top using pesticides in my work. They were more comfortable and easier to put on and a fraction of the price. They lacked the fancy camo portion over the neoprene and the English riding boot taper that makes them what they are but they went on easy.

The shorter ones would be better for me, most likely. I have put the tall ones in the back of the closet out of the way. I continue to use my twenty year old $20 rubber boots that go on so easy and are tall like the fancy ones without the narrow top opening. If they had a waterproof zipper or buckle with gusset at the top that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom