I'm so old I Remember when:

I've always been a Waylon fan! Just this week I saw an ad for Whey Jennings. He is going to be at a semi-local venue soon. I listened to some of his stuff on youtube. He does have some of his Granddad's sound.

Not heard of this other fellow. He has a good voice too!

Last edited:
View attachment 3761693
1980@ -We hated disco so much that lots of people discovered "Outlaw Country".
WIllie Nelson, Jerry Jeff Walker, Waylon Jennings, Guy Clark....
A bunch of us rented a RV and made the priglimage to Gillies outside of Houston. Great times.
Never been to Gillies' but have also a fan of Mickey Gilley. Have several CD's and there is probably some cassettes around here too.
I'll bet you had a blast on that trip!

I've always been a Waylon fan! Just this week I saw an ad for Whey Jennings. He is going to be at a semi-local venue soon. I listened to some of his stuff on youtube. He does have some of his Granddad's sound.

Not heard of this other fellow. He has a good voice too!
How about this dude. Have you heard of him?

WOW! If I had listened with my eyes closed, I would have thought that was The Man In Black!
He sounds great!
Not to criticize him - it was a really nice job he did here - BUT it seemed a little rote. (to me) He has the words and melody down and was blessed to inherit his grandpop's voice. There just doesn't seem to be any feeling from deep in his soul involved here as what really brought it home when Johnny sang it. (strictly my opinion here)

Not to criticize him - it was a really nice job he did here - BUT it seemed a little rote. (to me) He has the words and melody down and was blessed to inherit his grandpop's voice. There just doesn't seem to be any feeling from deep in his soul involved here as what really brought it home when Johnny sang it. (strictly my opinion here)
Johnny had lots of practice. :)

1709536828864.png

Definitely in the early 70's.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom