I'm so old I Remember when:

In the early 70's I walked into a phonebooth, put the receiver to my ear and suddenly realized someone had smeared ketchup on the earpiece. Got an earful. I don't know if the ones who did it were watching or not, the only one I could hear laughing was my cousin, who had driven up with me.
Remember when they started warning everyone about sticking their finger in the coin return slot? They said that people were putting needles in there, laced with AIDS. I'm sure that's not true but it scared us when we were younger

The world was once, more classy.

We were also mortified if anyone ever saw any of our undergarments, even bra straps. We went so far as to use those tiny, gold-colored safety pins to pin the bra strap to the inside seam of our shirt or blouse, making sure it stayed put and wouldn't peak out from under our top. Now women wear bras as tops.

I saw someone wearing pajamas boarding an airplane a few weeks ago. When did it become okay to wear pajamas in public? 🤷‍♀️

We were also mortified if anyone ever saw any of our undergarments, even bra straps. We went so far as to use those tiny, gold-colored safety pins to pin the bra strap to the inside seam of our shirt or blouse, making sure it stayed put and wouldn't peak out from under our top. Now women wear bras as tops.

I saw someone wearing pajamas boarding an airplane a few weeks ago. When did it become okay to wear pajamas in public? 🤷‍♀️
Very true. And boys/men wearing pants down below bottoms.

I was in a Mc Donald's several years ago. The young man behind the counter had his pants low enough that I could see the top 4" of his underwear. He turned to get something and had to grap his pants, or they would have been around his ankles.

I didn't have a camera on my phone (that's how long ago it was!), and wish I could have gotten a picture of him to show his kids. Whom I would never have met...

If he had lost his pants, I would have laughed. And laughed.

Back
Top Bottom