I'm so old I Remember when:

This…

46BBD75F-DA88-42BE-9278-C01B686CA8BC.jpeg

I use eucalyptus essential oil when I go hiking. I only put it on my clothing not on my skin. It's the best thing I've found that actually works. Next to eucalytus oil is peppermint oil. It seems peppermint oil has a bit more of a tendency to burn a bit when you accidently happen to get on the skin than eucalyptus oil does.
I use Repel Plant-Based Lemon Eucalyptus when I'm hiking. I don't usually have a big problem with mosquitos but I do worry about ticks.

My friend gets eaten alive by mosquitos and he loves Repel Lemon Eucalyptus. I think you're right that eucalyptus oil is an effective deterrent!

I'm so old I remember when I could hike....up mountain grades..:(

Same. I used to be an avid long distance hiker (A.T. twice, Camino de Santiago, Dingle Way, sections of the PCT and CDT) and have so much gear. I can't bring myself to part with it. I keep telling myself I will be able to use it again. I don't really know if that's true or not.

I use Repel Plant-Based Lemon Eucalyptus when I'm hiking. I don't usually have a big problem with mosquitos but I do worry about ticks.

My friend gets eaten alive by mosquitos and he loves Repel Lemon Eucalyptus. I think you're right that eucalyptus oil is an effective deterrent!
I use that at times or something similar when I want to put it on my skin.

Back
Top Bottom