im thinking roosters but not sure what kind.

reggiehaft

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013

I know the gray one is a rooster I'm just not sure what breed. Can anyone guess what his comb is?

The red/gray chicken. I'm leading toward rooster they are all 12 weeks the two pullets combs are yellow and pretty black one has no comb. The picture doesn't do her Justice.
What do you think rooster or hen.

Here's what I know they are barnyard mixes I picked up cheap.

The two in question came from a chocolate Brown eggs.
They are both 12 weeks but no aggression,fighting or chest bumping yet. But I do have a very dominant hen telling them what to do.

welcome-byc.gif

they are both cockerels. The white bird looks to have had an EE father, that's a pea comb from what I can see. Plus, his body shape is classic EE. Not sure what counteracted the dark legs, though.

The calico cockerel is likely a mix of a barred bird and a red bird, the parents themselves could have been mixes.

welcome-byc.gif

they are both cockerels. The white bird looks to have had an EE father, that's a pea comb from what I can see. Plus, his body shape is classic EE. Not sure what counteracted the dark legs, though.

The calico cockerel is likely a mix of a barred bird and a red bird, the parents themselves could have been mixes.
I agree.

welcome-byc.gif

x2

welcome-byc.gif

X3 on donrae's post.

Back
Top Bottom