I'm Worried.......Very Worried.

Quote:
Yes, because they also sent me an email repuesting that I call them Immediatly.

The asked for nothing.......just told us they were cancelling the account until new cards could be issued.

I would contact each of your credit card companies and your bank and tell them about this asap. They can switch your numbers and place an alert on the stolen card so they can catch the guy who has it. Sooner is better so to minimize your liability.

So so sorry this happened. You'll sleep better if you call them before you go to bed - it will only take a few minutes

Quote:
Yes, because they also sent me an email repuesting that I call them Immediatly.

The asked for nothing.......just told us they were cancelling the account until new cards could be issued.

Verify this by calling the number on the back of your credit card... go straight to the source yourself and ask them.

There's a way to freeze your credit so that no one can apply for any more cards in your name. Clark Howard talks about it all the time. Let me see if I can find the link on his website.

I was always told not to give information out to any company unless I was the one who called THEM, otherwise they could be phishing for information. Often, I'd take down their contact information then call the number on the back of your card to verify it (don't use the contact information they gave you.)

Recently I got an automated call on my cell phone that said my account was in trouble and to press a number to get transferred to an agent. It was fishy to me because they didn't mention which account it was. I pressed the number and it asked for my account number, so I hung up. Then, I called my accounts using the contact numbers I had and they were all fine, so I think it was a call phishing for my financial information.

I'd probably call your credit company just to make sure the account is closed.

A neighbor had placed a classified ad in the local paper. Someone called her saying they were from the paper and asked for her credit card number because it had been misplaced and she needed to pay for the ad. She gave it to them and they basically cleaned out her account. This would be an easy one to fall for.

Quote:
I've done this before, it was really easy, but it takes 48 hours to put the freeze in effect, so don't wait. You need to go to any of the credit reporting agencies' websites and file the alert, filing with one agency will go to them all.

Quote:
My first thought as well. Call the company yourself and cancel that card. You may have been hacked online, and they just needed a bit more info before they started using it.

There might be someone with a carbon copy of a charge, a statement may have been stolen from your mail- any number of ways to get it.

I hope it works out for you.

Back
Top Bottom