Important question

Lissahunni

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2020
Hi there I had one one chick hatch out a week ago tomorrow and my hen was broody at the same time as incubation give or take she decided she didn't want to sit on eggs anymore so I ended up incubating the rest of the time. Her chicks were all at different stages of development though. One just hatched and wondering if I can add this chick to my week old chick so they both have a friend. I'd assume the other three eggs are not far behind in hatching within a few days I'm going to guess.

I’d make sure it was fluffy and mobile. Toss it in and watch. They will show you if it’s not going to work

Thank you I did have them together for a min but big one just pecked at the little one :( so maybe not

I know my chicks at a week are voracious little buggers.

Separate the brooder with a screen fence and give them a few days of look no touch and try it again later.The staggered hatch chicks should combine no problems

Thank you so much I was thinking of doing that. My one chick has been alone for the week so I don't blame it for being a brat he's been a handful screaming all the time lol. Just don't feel it's right to leave them lonley either.

I know my chicks at a week are voracious little buggers.

Separate the brooder with a screen fence and give them a few days of look no touch and try it again later.The staggered hatch chicks should combine no problems

Back
Top Bottom