in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

It is. I always wondered how they did clothes back during those times!
My dad and his father lived with his Grandma for a time while he was younger. He tells me about when they butchered the hogs and she would use the fat to make lye soap. She used to do laundry that way. To be honest, I have thought about doing it myself. Just have a few ingredients left to get in order to make my own. I am going to do the veggie based version instead of the animal, if we raised and butchered our own meat then I would do it.

My dad and his father lived with his Grandma for a time while he was younger. He tells me about when they butchered the hogs and she would use the fat to make lye soap. She used to do laundry that way. To be honest, I have thought about doing it myself. Just have a few ingredients left to get in order to make my own. I am going to do the veggie based version instead of the animal, if we raised and butchered our own meat then I would do it.
My mother use to make lye soap. That was the only soap we used. Even now Iw on't buy store soap, I always get it form other lye soap makers. I wouldn't even know what to look for in store soap. We never rendered the fat ourselves though. I may this time around. I have family planning to slaughter out a bunch of hogs this year.

This is why I'm not so freaked out about GMO. It's simply pinpoint specific hybrid work, a more precise, measured version of the breeding of crops and livestock that people have been doing for thousands of years. Just sayin'...
944769_10151741100430155_335602142_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom