in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

Cell shot. Waiting for a storm to develop that decided not to.

20230730_191222.jpg

No. Have no name. The series was of a charity event for a young lady who left a young daughter behind after a motor vehicle accident claimed her life. I donated photos of all the riders I could that day. My wife took more too from a different angle.
What a nice thing to do. :hugs

Happy goats keep the peace. I've two crab apple trees but they won't bear for another 2 years and then spiced apples here.
Yesterday I sold 3 liters of milk in an unexpected way. I brought out the goats, and the family with the child came and began to feed them with zucchini, apparently taken from their garden. And right there, without going anywhere, I milked one of the goats (I had hand cream with me) and they bought this milk from me. Straight from the goat. Very nice people, not at all like the madman who almost attacked me the day before yesterday.

I am doing some repairs in the barn, there were 4 pillars supporting the ceiling (this was done because hay is in the attic of the barn for the winter, and there is a relatively large amount of it, maybe 6 tons). There are many supporting pillars, but the rest of the pillars are in order, and the goats have gnawed these pillars over several winters like beavers. As a result, these pillars became thin and I was afraid that they would break. So I started changing them. One pole I took a thick oak log that I had, the other pole will be iron, this is 150 mm steel tube, and the other two will have to use ordinary cheap pine timber. It is worse, and goats can gnaw at it (they are not beavers, but when they are bored of sitting in a barn in winter, they begin to gnaw at a tree, not from hunger, but from idleness, they are bored), but I don’t have more oak poles and iron tubes.

Between these 4 posts is a raised platform where I usually put my hay. And under this platform there is another, below, on which some goats sometimes sleep. These platforms and pillars I have to convert to new ones.

I have relatively many apple trees, apples are quite actively used in Russian cuisine. They are mostly convenient because they go in egg pies called Charlotte. Their recipe is very simple, there are any eggs (goose, duck, chicken), sugar, wheat flour and apple slices, fresh or frozen. Especially often I make this pie in the spring, when not all geese eggs can be taken warm, and those that have cooled down and turned out to be frozen are no longer suitable for incubation. That's why I bake apple pies out of them.

In general, I try to process everything apples, I cook jams, marmalade, freeze apple slices, and make compotes. If there are too many apples, I give some of the overripe apples to the geese, they eat them. But in general, geese like fresh cucumbers more than apples.

Back
Top Bottom