in this random rambling thread we post random pictures

1705776125172792365.jpg
Looks like white hippos

I may have been on this very beach! If it's the one I was on, there is a large shelf of snadstone just into the water, off the edge of the beach. Hubby and I backpacked Pictured Rocks (where this is) and we waded out on the shelf, into Lake Superior, in September, just after Labor Day. The water was about waist deep, then dropped off precipitously after the shelf.

We were both feeling grubby -- backpacking is sweaty work -- so we wore shorts and T-shirts so we could dunk ourselves and get a bath. A rather chilly refreshing bath!

The other thing I remember about doing this is the horse flies! Man, when they bit you, it was like getting poked with a darning needle. Thank goodness flies can't bite under water. :)

I may have been on this very beach! If it's the one I was on, there is a large shelf of snadstone just into the water, off the edge of the beach. Hubby and I backpacked Pictured Rocks (where this is) and we waded out on the shelf, into Lake Superior, in September, just after Labor Day. The water was about waist deep, then dropped off precipitously after the shelf.

We were both feeling grubby -- backpacking is sweaty work -- so we wore shorts and T-shirts so we could dunk ourselves and get a bath. A rather chilly refreshing bath!

The other thing I remember about doing this is the horse flies! Man, when they bit you, it was like getting poked with a darning needle. Thank goodness flies can't bite under water. :)
Lakes with tides! Another bucket list place to visit...just hope I can still hike if I ever get there 😂. That sounds like a wonderful outing you guys had!

Back
Top Bottom