Incubat-able? Or just good eatin'?

Queen of the Lilliputians

Songster
12 Years
Apr 5, 2007
Maine
I'm sorry this picture is so horrid, but it was the best I could get after about 10 tries.

Anybody know if this is fertilized or not? The pic doesn't show the outer ring as clearly as it really is, although it isn't as bright as the center dot.

fertilegg.jpg

Meghan

Hard to tell from the picture. But if what I think I am seeing below the red dot and just off to the left, is what I think it is, then odds are it is fertile.

Yeah.. sorry.. crappy focus.. too much glare... ARG!

But yes, it's a little below and to the left of the red dot.

Thanks! That's good news!

Here's another I took.. maybe this one is clearer:

fegg2.jpg

Meghan

Last edited:
Meghan, that does appear fertile. Only incubating will really confirm it will grow into a chick, though, from my experience with my Lt. Brahma. Miranda's eggs all have a distinct bullseye but for some reason, we think genetic, her eggs will not develop into chicks. I'm incubating one now to see if anything has changed in her chemistry- a rare situation, I think.

WOOHOO! The experts have chimed in.. thanks you guys!

I agree.. I have tried to incub. these earlier, but she had only been laying for a few weeks, and nothing happened with them.

I have some eggs in the 'bator now that were shipped, and going to be a crappy hatch (totally not the seller's fault!!), so when those 2 hatch, I'll stick in a few of mine!

We'll see! Maybe I'll get to see a RIR/splash d'Anver cross after all
gig.gif

Meghan

Back
Top Bottom