Incubating and hatching eggs chat thread!!

I have 14 BB's they are growing fast. The only problem I have.......they are all super NICE . They mob me when ever I go in the pen. The heritage allllll snobs

It will be so easy to butcher the heritage, I get that! So I should probably get heritage unless I want to have someone else butcher them.

I'm going to breed towards the SOP in the following breeds
1st and foremost
LF White Cornish
2nd barred rocks- with an eye towards the Good Shepard type
3rd midget white turkey
I've also got some Malay and shamo I will be trying to "fix type"

Get whatever it is you need so that I can buy eggs from you!

I just started my first batch of shipped eggs. I have hatched my own eggs before and have some of those in also. I couldn't really see the air cell with the brown shells so unsure if they were just small or scrambled. Day 3 today so time will tell

Ok, just finished my last hatch for a while (I hope). I received 32 eggs from a BYC auction. The eggs traveled cross country. 25 eggs made it to lock down. 20 chicks hatched. The first 3 hatched early in the morning (before we got up). The 2nd or 3rd chick that hatched had it's insides outside, and it had ruptured a blood vessel - it looked like a massacre. Blood everywhere. It was dead by the time I got up that morning :hit The rest hatched over the next 24 hours.

But I ended up with 19 ADORABLE chicks.

It's a great mix, I got a few EE's, some OE's, CCLs, White Leghorns, Copper Marans, Exchequer leghorns, Isabelle Leghorn/Splits and a couple gray silkie crosses. :love:love:love:love:love

In 24 hours they can really mess up their brooder. Anyway, here are the babies....looks to me if the Marans are autosexing, there are 4 boys and 2 girls in this first shot.
20170717_090101.jpg

There are some really cute ones - I think this is a silkie cross. It's half the size of the others.
20170717_090200.jpg

Not sure what these are... but they are cute!!!

20170717_090134.jpg 20170717_090130.jpg 20170717_090240.jpg

Ok, just finished my last hatch for a while (I hope). I received 32 eggs from a BYC auction. The eggs traveled cross country. 25 eggs made it to lock down. 20 chicks hatched. The first 3 hatched early in the morning (before we got up). The 2nd or 3rd chick that hatched had it's insides outside, and it had ruptured a blood vessel - it looked like a massacre. Blood everywhere. It was dead by the time I got up that morning :hit The rest hatched over the next 24 hours.

But I ended up with 19 ADORABLE chicks.

It's a great mix, I got a few EE's, some OE's, CCLs, White Leghorns, Copper Marans, Exchequer leghorns, Isabelle Leghorn/Splits and a couple gray silkie crosses. :love:love:love:love:love

In 24 hours they can really mess up their brooder. Anyway, here are the babies....looks to me if the Marans are autosexing, there are 4 boys and 2 girls in this first shot.
View attachment 1080218

There are some really cute ones - I think this is a silkie cross. It's half the size of the others.
View attachment 1080219

Not sure what these are... but they are cute!!!

View attachment 1080221 View attachment 1080222 View attachment 1080220

:love

Back
Top Bottom