Incubating ducks day 32…just need some moral support😄

If you have a mirror that is safe put it in with the duckling so it can see itself and a stuffed animal without strings.

Congrats on the duckling :love
Thank you! I’ll get it set up in the brooder after work today. I have a new piece of office decor lol a lovely incubator sitting on my desk. My boss comes in “What’s that noise?” 😬😆

They can take 48-72 hours to hatch after internal pip
when you get home from work today take the flashlight and candle above the air cell all the way towards the pointy end
I can usually see in and see veins or if baby is done I won’t see any
Take a video doing it and I can help you
You can make that little pin hole a bit bigger but not more then a pencil in width
We don’t want to cause baby to dry out

They can take 48-72 hours to hatch after internal pip
when you get home from work today take the flashlight and candle above the air cell all the way towards the pointy end
I can usually see in and see veins or if baby is done I won’t see any
Take a video doing it and I can help you
You can make that little pin hole a bit bigger but not more then a pencil in width
We don’t want to cause baby to dry out
Okay. Ty. I’ll take a look later today. I just peeked in and saw cracking in the shell so it’s trying. It’s also chirping and rocking the egg.

Okay. Ty. I’ll take a look later today. I just peeked in and saw cracking in the shell so it’s trying. It’s also chirping and rocking the egg.
Perfect
Just leave the baby be
It should hatch 24-48 hours after it made the crack
I find usually 30-36 hours is when mine do
But you may see a second hit around 8-12 hours
Then Things will get quiet till baby starts to zip

Perfect
Just leave the baby be
It should hatch 24-48 hours after it made the crack
I find usually 30-36 hours is when mine do
But you may see a second hit around 8-12 hours
Then Things will get quiet till baby starts to zip
Okay. Thank you. Hopefully some progression by morning🤞🏼Their new owner is ready to take them in but just waiting for the second one to finish up 😊 I’m pretty sure it’s to early for imprinting but this little one think I’m momma. She’ll instantly go to sleep when I let her cuddle on my neck.

I unfortunately cannot have more ducks or chickens. I was hatching ducklings for my niece. I didn’t check with her dad. I just took her word for it. He told her it’s best to wait so I thankfully have a coworker that is taking them in😄 He’s hatched a few dozen of my ducks eggs, so I know he knows what’s he’s doing.

Attachments

• B1665009-1E15-4AB7-893C-728E4116419F.jpeg
    B1665009-1E15-4AB7-893C-728E4116419F.jpeg
    401.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 5C6935A5-73F5-4334-97C7-25BEB3F59454.jpeg
    5C6935A5-73F5-4334-97C7-25BEB3F59454.jpeg
    658.3 KB · Views: 10
Did you remove all the egg shells they can have nasty inside when they hatch and can smell.
How much progress has this duckling made?

since I don't use a bator I don't know exactly where the smell is coming from hopefully @New duck mommy 2021 will be here soon.

Back
Top Bottom