INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for being there for me!!! You're a good hatch day friend!
1f609.png
But, shouldn't I be keeping the lid on things for the Fighter? Can Hard Hat wait 12 hours? The humidity is still climbing...it's at 82

humidity spikes at hatch you really need to know what all the eggs look like going in to worry to much about that .take out all the plugs watch for condensation on the windows if they cover over lift the lid and let some out

humidity spikes at hatch you really need to know what all the eggs look like going in to worry to much about that .take out all the  plugs  watch for condensation on the windows if they cover over lift the lid and let some out
No condensation in the least- just the hygrometer reading. I'm on the 12th chick hatching since they started 12 hours ago. Sure the humidity went up a smidge here and there but it's hovered between 72-75... 81 (and holding for an hour now) is new. I took all plugs out around day 14

Last edited:
Good luck!!! I am in the middle of my first hatch. Based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews here, I went with the hovabator too. I had mostly shipped eggs, from two different sources...one (Papa's Poultry @Papa Brooder was incredible, the other- coming all the way from CT, a total disaster (and extremely expensive!))... If they weren't broken, all eggs had detached air cells and some extremely saddled... Then, I got super lucky and discovered@Jessimom lives 2 miles from me! She generously gave me 6 silkie eggs (5 to lockdown- 3 have already hatched!). In total, 28 went to lockdown. It is just now Day 20.5 and 10 are hatched, 5 more pipped and one zipping. The one shown here, zipping, is a Bielefelder whose shell I cracked (and repaired with candle wax) 2 weeks ago!!! We are very pleased with this bator and even more grateful for all the advice here!!! Thank you! @Jessimom @Sally Sunshine
You're having a great first hatch with shipped eggs!
clap.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom