INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if they're weaned or not? They were at the auction because their nanny was attacked by a dog. So I guess not weaned.

My brain flew into panic mode and I forgot everything I've tried to learn. I swear I've been reading for a month, at least. I was just expecting to buy with more info.
you can likely bucket feed milk to them at that size.

Quote: interesting, have more details? Speed: 6-RPM. considering they normally have a 1 RPM High Torque, I cant find much info on the motors themselves, I am lost on the timer motor control. Please let me know what you come up with, I want to get another cooler cabinet out but I guess its time to add some auto turning instead of the semi I do now.
Just put two duck eggs in the incubator this morning. First time experimental hatch!
pop.gif
@Meaghan First time with ducks? what breed? how exciting!!

Quote: agree!

I don't know if they're weaned or not? They were at the auction because their nanny was attacked by a dog. So I guess not weaned.

My brain flew into panic mode and I forgot everything I've tried to learn. I swear I've been reading for a month, at least. I was just expecting to buy with more info.
that is one reason for my llama. They are not fond of any form of canine.

Now the wait for the concrete to cure before I start framing. This 10x50 will be indoor/outdoor runs, automatic doors and climate controlled. Also there will be stairs and storage to the top. The runs will be 7' deep 6' wide and a 3' common walkway with 2 exterior doors, one in the end and one in the side.

Could anyone point me in a good direction to read about chicken color genetics?
there is quite a bit of info in the genetics section here https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-w-friends-helpful-notes-links-informational-post-links

Oy vey.... I just checked on the chickens, and Jace had gotten herself so dirty! She scratched bedding, FRESH poop, and feed into her water bowl, then dumped that mash into the rest of her bedding, and took a dust bath in the shavings.... Now she is soaked and filthy!
sickbyc.gif

So.... What's the best way to bathe a dirty chicken? just plain water?
oh no!!
Washing/Bathing Chickens
The Chicken Chick: How and When to Give a Chicken a Bath CLICK HERE

How to Give a Chicken a Bath - Tilly's Nest

Chicken Keeping Basics - How To Bathe a Chicken - CLICK HERE YouTube

SHOW BATHING PREPS CLICK HERE
Quote: I guess I should have kept reading! DOH!! What color scovy do you have? Did you wash the eggs or set dirty? I would start them at 30-35 until day 7-10 candle

have you calibrated thermo hygros? see here for tons of info https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-w-friends-helpful-notes-links-informational-post-links

and ducks are at the bottom in more detail....
Can I put out a goat SOS? DH picked up two kids and I'm not sure what breed or how old they are. Twin bucklings. I'm going right now for supplies.
OMG!!!

holy shhhhmokes FIRE!!! is that my new house yer building?
lau.gif

Quote:
ach du gut!!! how cute!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom