INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have an older Janoel 48 that has a solid gray base, so I can't see in it. :( Also have the double decker Janoel knock off that I bought to use as a hatcher and NICU.

Doing another hatch experiment in the Janoel... First one was a disaster because I had a hard time maintaining the humidity and none of the eggs lost enough weight. :(

-Kathy

Here is mine I love this model it's the Janoel 12 but if u don't use the egg turner u can fit about two dozen and the egg turner says it can fit 12 but with the both hatches I have done with it i can only fit ten in the turner

I have an older Janoel 48 that has a solid gray base, so I can't see in it. :( Also have the double decker Janoel knock off that I bought to use as a hatcher and NICU.

Doing another hatch experiment in the Janoel... First one was a disaster because I had a hard time maintaining the humidity and none of the eggs lost enough weight. :(

-Kathy

Here is mine I love this model it's the Janoel 12 but if u don't use the egg turner u can fit about two dozen and the egg turner says it can fit 12 but with the both hatches I have done with it i can only fit ten in the turner

What a neat looking incubator!

-Kathy

@Sally Sunshine got the call today from the post office that my Dom eggs had arrived. Will be sure to take pics and let you know how successful your shipping method was.

Hey all. Just checking in. Been busy with the new goats. The other doe should be due any day now. The wait is on.Getting 2 more New Zealand Whites, so need to build a frame to put the cages in. And of course hatching like crazy. LOL.

I have an older Janoel 48 that has a solid gray base, so I can't see in it.
sad.png
Also have the double decker Janoel knock off that I bought to use as a hatcher and NICU.

Doing another hatch experiment in the Janoel... First one was a disaster because I had a hard time maintaining the humidity and none of the eggs lost enough weight.
sad.png

-Kathy

Yeah, I noticed that my eggs didn't loose as much weight as I thought they should either. Mine stayed in the 40s for most of the incubation period, and they did loose some, but I was looking for them to look like the chart. It's hard to keep it any lower because of the way the water trays are shaped. When I let it run dry it got below 10% and I was afraid that was too low. I tried just putting a little water in the tray, but I would have had to open it every day to refill and I didn't want to open it that much. I am collecting more eggs to set after these and I'm trying to figure out the best way of lowering the humidity without it bottoming out. Wouldn't it be nice if you could find an incubator that worked perfectly for you right out of the box? A girl can dream...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom