INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just took pic of eggs when the first chick hatched. I marked them on day 18. I marked with pencil and marker...

Well I hope more hatch good luck I will be going into lockdown here Saturday

could be any of a number of reasons first question would be what was incubating humidity . next question would what was the fluid line like below air cell . other thought would be dark eggs are harder for the chick to pip. are there internal pips ? hover the most common reason would be humidity to high during incubation and to much fluid at lockdown and the chicks are drowning in fluid .or to little and they are shrink wrapped . do a eggtopsie and post pictures . the answers will be easier to get with pictures .
The incubatrion humidity was between 30-32%. The fluid line good question as I never heard of that. All saw was dark and the air cell. I will post pics here.

The incubatrion humidity was between 30-32%. The fluid line good question as I never heard of that. All saw was dark and the air cell. I will post pics here.

I would look at the amount of fluid from the bottom of the egg do a bottom candle . I have experienced the same problem and it has almost always been to much fluid from humidity being to high . calibrate your hygrometer and make sure it is right . dark eggs are hard to hatch even at that your hatch rate should be better. good luck

he.gif
somad.gif
short by this much. What am I missing with this flipping egg turner? I need to run my Bator befor I set eggs on Sunday. Thanks in advance

You need to take the screw that is the farthest away from the turner rails out. Then unloosen the other screw that is closest to the turner rails. Then have all the rails face away from the motor and out them in the turner arm piece thing. Move the long arm with the rails back to the motor and move the motor arm/turner piece into the part it suppose to go into...... Or you could just take the motor off put the rails in the turner arm then slide the short motor arm in the big turner arm thing. Then move everything including the motor to where the motor can screw to the turner.

Hope this helps.

I would look at the amount of fluid from the bottom of the egg do a bottom candle . I have experienced the same problem and it has almost always been to much fluid from humidity being to high . calibrate your hygrometer and make sure it is right . dark eggs are hard to hatch even at that your hatch rate should be better. good luck
Thank you very much. I calibrated the hygrometer with four data loggers along with calibrating the temp in January. I guess I should do it again after this hatch. So what you are saying is to lower the lock down humidity for the dark eggs?

You need to take the screw that is the farthest away from the turner rails out. Then unloosen the other screw that is closest to the turner rails. Then have all the rails face away from the motor and out them in the turner arm piece thing.  Move the long arm with the rails  back to the motor and move the motor arm/turner piece into the part it suppose to go into...... Or you could just take the motor off put the rails in the turner arm then slide the short  motor arm in the big turner arm thing. Then move everything including the motor to where the motor can screw to the turner.

Hope this helps.
off to find a screwdriver....

I would wait until day 24 as sometimes people say they are just late or just died so that is the reccomended wait time for chicken eggs to be able to play scientist with them mostly because that's only a day after they are ready to hatch so I would wait a day or two longer than 22

Should I play scientist  after tomorrow or in the morning?

No no! Not yet!! Day 21 is not a magic number. Give them a few more days. even though after day twenty- three or so, they may have issues, they can also hatch on day 28 and still be fine. I actually remember a guy about a year or so ago that forgot to turn off his incubator, and the eggs hatched that late.

I would wait until day 24 as sometimes people say they are just late or just died so that is the reccomended wait time for chicken eggs to be able to play scientist with them mostly because that's only a day after they are ready to hatch so I would wait a day or two longer than 22

Thank you! Whew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom