INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
he.gif
somad.gif
short by this much. What am I missing with this flipping egg turner? I need to run my Bator befor I set eggs on Sunday. Thanks in advance

have you removed the motor at all or replaced it ? this looks normal the rails are in the wrong position bring them back to flat level and clip the turner arm back to the motor arm you may have to take out the screws to be able to do that .

Ok, the last of the silkie eggs I set, 4 made it to lockdown. I locked them down on day 14, since I was only using the one incubator. These basically had the most time at the higher temps. They spent all 21 days in the LG incubator. Today is day 21 and 3 have hatched and 1 is pipped. I'm beginning to believe that the incuview is a death bator!

Thank you very much. I calibrated the hygrometer with four data loggers along with calibrating the temp in January. I guess I should do it again after this hatch. So what you are saying is to lower the lock down humidity for the dark eggs?

no not that I run dry all through incubation with my Marans eggs and spike humidity after the first pip . dark eggs are just harder to hatch . I have had chicks pip but not be able to zip . they turn but are not able to break the shell. some die half way round . others don't have a problem .I fight humidity all the time about to set in a GQF cabinet for the first time older model hoping for much better results with it . I'll know three weeks from Saturday .

no not that I run dry all through incubation with my Marans eggs and spike humidity after the first pip . dark eggs are just harder to hatch . I have had chicks pip but not be able to zip . they turn but are not able to break the shell. some die half way round . others don't have a problem .I fight humidity all the time about to set in a GQF cabinet for the first time older model hoping for much better results with it . I'll know three weeks from Saturday .
I have a cabinet incubator the same size as the GQF that I am hatching in right now. Good to know that dark eggs are not easy to hatch. I might just switch my darkest eggs and put them under the broody hens and take their eggs and finish incubating their lighter eggs.

Last edited:
OMG :weee

:clap. Thank you! I took the far screw off, moved the motor, put the trays in the arm, moved the arm into the turner thingy, put the turner thingy back on motor and then motor back into place and screws tightened. Have Bator running now with extra hygrometer testing it now.:D. I have a second hygrometer but need a battery. Good thing I am testing :D

Sorry wrong pics at first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom