INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 20..you still have time..leave them in there.  Give them time.  Don't be grumpy.  :/

I will leave them in until my other eggs arrive and have settled, so at least until Saturday. It's just from he top everything looked peachy keen. And I should've checked the underside too... It's my own fault, I had a serious humidity drop on day 10, lost 3 eggs that day, I guess it did more damage than I thought.

Day 20 and I see some wiggling, no pips yet. I am not feeling good about my chances now. On lockdown I saw many incomplete CAMs, apparently I am cursed with them....... So out of 25 eggs that I thought were perfect though with some small aircells I feel I will be lucky if I get 5 chicks.....
1f622.png
my Phoenix eggs are also late, I'm feeling very grumpy and disappointed.

you just haven't worked out the system yet you'll get maybe it will be better than you think
fl.gif

I will leave them in until my other eggs arrive and have settled, so at least until Saturday. It's just from he top everything looked peachy keen. And I should've checked the underside too... It's my own fault, I had a serious humidity drop on day 10, lost 3 eggs that day, I guess it did more damage than I thought.

Day 10..humidity drop shouldn't cause death...you can even get down to 0 and be ok..temp on the other hand..will make a big difference..but also, on day 10, if the temp doesn't change too much, they should be fine.

amazed seriously :clap yes your on day 18 @shellikirbey Good Luck Keep in touch let us know how its going!! [COLOR=FF0000]MARKING AIR CELLS DAY 18, DRAW DOWN, INTERNAL PIP, EXTERNAL PIP, and ZIPPING [/COLOR]post #35770 [COLOR=FF0000]Pips and ZIPS ARE NOT THE SAME PATIENCE is a MUST![/COLOR] awesome!! whats next? lol oops you dont have it??? ha ha ha Good news!! Good Luck!!!! read up on the hatching area in the notes section now!! @DianaMallory [COLOR=FF0000]MARKING AIR CELLS DAY 18, DRAW DOWN, INTERNAL PIP, EXTERNAL PIP, and ZIPPING [/COLOR]post #35770 [COLOR=FF0000]Pips and ZIPS ARE NOT THE SAME PATIENCE is a MUST![/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]DONT PICK THE PIPS![/COLOR] post #24611 [COLOR=FF0000]TIMELINE of a silky HATCHING! NOTE HOW LONG IT TOOK FROM INTERNAL TO ZIPPING[/COLOR] post #33770 [COLOR=FF0000]TIMELINE OF A POLISH HATCHING QUICK HATCHOUT![/COLOR] post #46572 VIDEO of zip and hatch AT :[COLOR=0000FF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyO3YwrsJPg [/COLOR] [COLOR=008080]DO my Air cells look ok Day 18?[/COLOR] post #31971 [COLOR=008080]DAY 18 HOW DO I LOCKDOWN, WHAT HUMIDITY, do I hatch horizontal OR Upright? [/COLOR] post #32948 [COLOR=008080]LOWERING TEMPS lockdown IS NOT NECESSARY/AIDs THE HATCHING PROCESS[/COLOR] post #2898 [COLOR=008080]Hatching Behavior & How the chick Comes out of the Shell[/COLOR] post #34865 [COLOR=008080]YES a chick can chirp when its not pipped internally![/COLOR] post #20506

[COLOR=FF0000]UPDATE:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]I have pulled extremely helpful NOTES, LINKS &[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]Informational[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]Post Links from the Incubation w/ Friends thread[/COLOR]​

[COLOR=000000]for EVERYONE'S convenience and will continue to put them HERE:[/COLOR]​

what's next in terms of the incubator or what's next in terms of building? Incubator is essentially functioning. Still need to calibrate my thermo/hydros, and figure out my vent holes and attach the hinges. Superficially Still alot of sanding to smooth out the edges and I've been considering staining it to give it a nice finish.

Day 10..humidity drop shouldn't cause death...you can even get down to 0 and be ok..temp on the other hand..will make a big difference..but also, on day 10, if the temp doesn't change too much, they should be fine.

I agree small air cells say the humidity was to high not to low . heat spikes do much more damage . I'd be looking that way. got to head off to sleep lots to do you all have a good night

you just haven't worked out the system yet you'll get maybe it will be better  than you think :fl

I sure hope so. Thanks for the support, I love this place.

Temp has been totally stable, humidity got down to 15% for at least a few hours and the were 3 bloodrings that night all at the same time. Maybe it's related maybe not, but that's all I am think of as affecting the CAM since they were all in an auto turner, so they got turned plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom