INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
frow.gif

Good day. It is still an extremely valuable resource. Have you contacted the publisher with corrections? Can she poop in there? I usually put them in their own apartment about that size with fresh bedding and I can scoop out the daily broody glob. I don't like to disturb them at all. They come out of the trance on their own schedule for their daily stretch. I can actually see how often they come off the nest by that big glob of feces. I now know that they don't always come off every day. Here's a black leghorn with her black penedesenca chicks and a big pile of daily poop.
Nice setup! She can, but she insists on her once daily dustbath at that time...

This says it's in the second edition:
[COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]https://books.google.com/books?id=2...v=onepage&q=gail damerow fenbendazole&f=false

Found tons of errors in it so far.

-Kathy
I have that book, so I look forward to your corrections. Thanks for all your hard work.

I don't have the book, just that link, so will only be able to look at the pages shown. There was also an amprolium dosing error. Thinking about starting a new thread about errors in books, data sheets and websites.

-Kathy

Afternoon everyone! All of my chicks have been picked up and are at their new homes, Feels a little lonely. Haha.

I started keeping track of how many/what size eggs each of my girls were laying each week and so today I decided to crunch some of the numbers. Here they are!

Sexy (Production Red - 2yo)
Average Eggs per Week:6.75
Average Size: Extra Jumbo

Girlfeather (Easter Egger - <1yo)
Average Eggs per Week: 6.125
Average Size: Small (large end of the chart)

Greyling (Easter Egger - <1yo)
Average Eggs per Week: 5.75
Average Size: Medium (small end of the chart)

I'm hoping the 'G' girls increase in size, but I am happy with their lay rate. obviously Sexy is a beast chicken and I couldn't be happier with her production rate and size! She is a very friendly bird too. It doesn't really get better than that! Anyway hope you enjoyed!

I don't have the book, just that link, so will only be able to look at the pages shown. There was also an amprolium dosing error. Thinking about starting a new thread about errors in books, data sheets and websites.

-Kathy

Sounds like a very useful thread.

It's a subject I'm quite passionate about, lol. Do you know how many people have killed their birds because they thought ivermectin in the water was an acceptable way to worm? Same with the 3cc Safeguard in the water, and the "pea sized" paste one. These misinformations are all over the web, including places like the breed associations. Sigh...

-Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom