INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I caught up. Now off to bed.
Before I go I will do the post a recipe if you talk about food. A great summer dish we used to get at the ranch for lunch that stayed with you without slowing you down in the South Texas sun.
You will likely want to half this, but hear it is.
Leftover chicken and pasta salad.
The original called for several (4-6) leftover chicken breast. I usually use leftovers from a rotisserie chicken or whatever chicken I have chopped up or pulled apart into chunks.
1 box or regular and one box of garden rotini pasta
One bag of peas
One or two bags of California vegetables
1 bottle of buttermilk ranch dressing
Paprika and pepper to taste
Garlic optional (not around here garlic is one of the food groups)
It can be server with the noodles still warm or make it ahead and serve it chilled.
Chunk the chicken. Boil the pasta adding the frozen vegetables the last minute or so. Just long enough to thaw, but not cook them. Strain the pasta. Mix the pasta and the other ingredients in a large bowl (or just the pot you cooked the noodles in after draining them). Serve then or chilled.
For those of you who are from other places California vegetables are a sixteen ounce bag of a frozen mix of chunky broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots slices. You can choose your veggies.
Good night everyone. For those of you across the pond have a great day!
@Akrnaf2Would this be kosher?

You should change the dressing to somthing without milk products, or change the chicken to chunk of some nice fish. :confused:

We have a chick!

Is it normal for them to flop around for a while like a fish out of water? It's almost like it still thinks it's in the egg.

Yes...it's a lot of work to get out of that egg...they spend a bit of time floundering around and even just laying there - doing nothing. My kids even thought a couple of ours were dying lol it takes them awhile to get some energy up and after much rest and stumbling around, they eventually get on their feet. (Unless there's a problem and it takes an astronomically long amount of time)

Lullaby and good night! But don't look under the bed!
'Cause that's where they hide, and they are going to come out and eat you!!

Last edited:
Hi All! So far 24 have hatched.
jumpy.gif
We just started day 21 an hour ago. There are 2 with BIG pips, not quite zipping, that haven't progressed at all. I don't mind leaving the D'uccle alone, but the ONE Polish to pip is tough to not try to help. We have 4 BCM, and 17 D'Uccle chicks. The D'Uccles are so TINY!!! I think they are smaller than my silkies. We have 24 eggs that still need to hatch!
fl.gif

Hi All!  So far 24 have hatched. :jumpy  We just started day 21 an hour ago.  There are 2 with BIG pips, not quite zipping, that haven't progressed at all.  I don't mind leaving the D'uccle alone, but the ONE Polish to pip is tough to not try to help.  We have 4 BCM, and 17 D'Uccle chicks.  The D'Uccles are so TINY!!!  I think they are smaller than my silkies. We have 24 eggs that still need to hatch! :fl

:D Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom