INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is!
the last time we had snow in the region we live was 1956 ten years before I took my first breath!

:eek:

One Pekin is on its way! I heard the birth yell, and now I'm hearing the "I'm here and scared" cry.
Holy!!!! Brb!

:ya :ya

Make sure to post pics of the precious weblet!
-Banti

:eek:
:ya :ya

Make sure to post pics of the precious weblet!
-Banti

I was trying to nap when I heard the birth yell. I was very surprised. The chicks were all two or three (or was it four?) days late. This is one day. I saw there was no baby in the incubator when I checked twenty minutes later.
I went down the hall, and was using my phone to talk to you guys when I heard "I'm so tired and scared!" so I wandered down the hall as I typed. It was then I saw the humidity, and had to go.
Humidity was @20!!!!!
The first one was pipped, and I exposed its cute (yes, I was awed, Banti!) bill. I went a little more before checking its sibling. I noticed the pip was on the wrong end. Neither baby responded to the eggs being picked up. You know they should have been loud and wiggling.
I opened it up as you see in the picture. Both went with me to the kitchen for a better look and assist. I was still kinda muddle headed (cough cough) so I made a mistake. I did the first, moistening and exposing. Then the second. When it looked "good enough" I went back to the first, and went too fast. I don't think I killed it or anything. The humidity was already at 57% when I put them back in. I will check again soon.
I can't believe they are both making it!! :ya
Banti, I had wanted to take a picture of a half fluffed baby for you. I am sorry you will have to wait.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom