INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I always keep a mixed flock, but I'm 2 for 2 on a black copper marans going broody in her first year. I had speckled sussex, one was a good mama and one bad, right now I've got the BCM, cochin, and HRIR broody. I haven't let them gave hatching eggs yet. SOON. So far they all seem pretty determined, though the BCM usually wins for most eggs at the end of the day.

Campin what kinda food did you buy for the goats when so little?

The powdered milk from TSC. I started with baby bottles from dollar tree, but had to get the black rubber nip on a coke bottle for Beaux. Had to fight him a solid week, 3x a day, til he learned to take it. They're ~4.5 mos and still just the sweetest little babies.
love.gif

thanks these girls are 8 and 9 weeks the boy if I get him I wont get until four weeks probably
Mine were estimated 4 weeks when we got them. I'm waiting for mama Roxie to drop. Her bag isn't as flat, so
fl.gif
I so need to learn all this goat talk lmao

:frow night dax sleep tight

coincidence is my guess

I guess I need to find a good vet

Our vet is a gem!
We have dealt with a number of others that were just interested in how much they could run up the bill.
When we found Cheryl we knew we had lucked out and found someone who is doing it for the love of animals, not just the money.
Don't get me wrong, she still charges good coin for her services, but how many vets just 'drop by' and spend some time with you and your animals for no charge because they happened to be in the area?
I am glad she came into our life, and that she is considerably younger than I am because that means she won't be retiring soon!

I fondle Roxie's bag a couple times a week. :lau I still feel like expecting her kids is stupid wishful thinking most days. She's basically carrying food babies. I thought her bag was flat when we got her... Looks a little rounded, though? @mlm Mike

Quote: I needed pups tails docked by 4 days old, they couldnt fit us in, said they would do it seven days, I said law says 4 days, anyone that raises pups know how much they grow the first week! They argued with me and said, well its what the vet does. change of vet obviously

Good thing you have them cc, very good

Quote: not quite, those are youngsters eggs
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom