INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet! I have brudy hens now and then. I let them do their thing.
Oh! Ok.

I tried to read back more, but I was getting dizzy! I will try again tomorrow. This is an entertaining thread!

We have to fix that!! Have you looked at the DIY bator section??
-Banti

I have two guniea from TJ, One DIS zipping, two DIS sometime this week, it was my fault ran higher humidity for the pheasants and didnt keep an eye on the bator to catch that zipper stuck
I am so sorry for the DIS. I am needing to keep 12 eggs in high humidity (lockdown) for three days. This will be the first three days of their incubation. How bad will it hurt the eggs. Would it be better to do smaller eggs or larger eggs.

Ok, I have wiped the lid about 6 times now. All 3 hygrometers are reading 99%.....how is that possible????????

The chicks are all sopping wet. But, I have 2 more zipping, and a bunch more pips.

The last time I wiped the lid, I decided to clear out a few of the shells to see if I could see anything in those. I grabbed a shell, and one of the just hatched chicks is still connected via a VERY thick umbilical cord. I just dropped the shell back in. Will that dry up and fall off, with 99% humidity?

The Brinsea has fewer eggs, but 3 just hatched and it's humidity is up to 80%. I had to open it, to help a Maran chick that has been zipping for the past 3 hours. That dropped the humidity to 77.

I'm usually struggling to keep the humidity up, not worrying about how high it is.

Should I take the chicks out if they are all still so wet?

Ok, I have wiped the lid about 6 times now.  All 3 hygrometers are reading 99%.....how is that possible????????

The chicks are all sopping wet.  But, I have 2 more zipping, and a bunch more pips.  

The last time I wiped the lid, I decided to clear out a few of the shells to see if I could see anything in those.  I grabbed a shell, and one of the just hatched chicks is still connected via a VERY thick umbilical cord.  I just dropped the shell back in.  Will that dry up and fall off, with 99% humidity?  

The Brinsea has fewer eggs, but 3 just hatched and it's humidity is up to 80%.  I had to open it, to help a Maran chick that has been zipping for the past 3 hours.  That dropped the humidity to 77.  

I'm usually struggling to keep the humidity up, not worrying about how high it is.  

Should I take the chicks out if they are all still so wet?

What is the humidity in your house and outside. Sally just posted ways to get your humidity down. Let me find it. They won't dry in that high of humidity but I don't think you want to take them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom