INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I have a serious question and would like talks opinion. If you were on a thread and you knew that at least one person on that thread pretty much hated you, would you stay away from that thread or just be nice, ignore it, and keep posting? I'm not asking for any reason. Just curious what y'all would do. I've seen things like this on other threads.

I've never mixed pork and beef in my sauce, I'll have to try that, it sounds yummy!!

For the screw on feed jars. We fill the base, then fill the jar and then turn it over really fast and screw it on. We actually close it over the bucket of food to catch anything we spill. It's the only way to give them a somewhat full feeder.

I've done that. It is a hassle though.

For the pork sausage, we actually use Italian sazitza in its ground form, not just sausage. I should have mentioned that in the first place.

Ok. I have a serious question and would like talks opinion. If you were on a thread and you knew that at least one person on that thread pretty much hated you, would you stay away from that thread or just be nice, ignore it, and keep posting? I'm not asking for any reason. Just curious what y'all would do. I've seen things like this on other threads.
It would depend on whether or not there were other people there I liked chatting with.

So why aren't all the eggs green?

Maybe blue is recessive?

not at all!
In chickens there is only 2 egg shell color white and blue.
The brown is anoter featcher that chicken that have it smire a brown color, protoporphyrin which is derived from hemoglobin on the egg shell.
If the egg is white you will recive a brown egg
If the egg is blue you will recive a GREEN egg.
Every Genetic trait is determined by at least 2 gene.
In chicken the white gene ( lets call it -w ) is recessive to the gene that produce the oocianin ( let call it -W) which give the blue color. And the there is anoter separate gene that give the brown coating.
So what posability we have
ww- white
WW -blue
Ww- blue

ww + brown gene= brown egg
Ww+brown gene= green egg
WW + brown gene= green egg

If you cross 2 green eggers it depends on the combination of gene in the parants

If the parents are
WW ×WW the 2 with the B gene all the hens will lay green
If the parents are
WW×Ww withe Brown gene all the hens will lay green

BUT
IF THE PARENTS ARE
Ww x Ww + the brown gene
You will have hens thay will lay Green eggs ( WW and the Ww combination with tge brown gene)
And some will lay Brown eggs ( ww + brown egg combination)

Uffff that was hard!

Last edited:

I think you should never assume and just pm and ask.

not at all!
In chickens there us only 2 egg shell color white and blue.
The brown is anoter featcher that chicken that have it smire a brown color, protoporphyrin which is derived from hemoglobin on tge egg shell.
If the egg is whit you will recive a brown egg
If the egg is blue you will recive a GREEN egg.
Every Genetic trait is determined by at least 2 gene.
In chicken the white gene ( lets call it -w ) is recessive to the gene that produce the oocianin ( let call it -W) which give the blue color. And the there is anoter separate gene that give the brown coating.
So what posability we have
ww- with
WW -blue
Ww- blue

ww + brown gene= brown egg
Ww+brown gene= green egg
WW + brown gene= green egg

If you cross 2 green eggers it deoend on the combination of gene in the parants

If the parents are
WW ×WW the 2 with the B gene all the hens will lay green
If the parents are
WW×Ww withe Brown all the hens will lay green

BUT
IF THE PARENTS ARE
Ww x Ww + the brown gene
You will have hens thay will lay Green eggs ( WW and the Ww combination with tge brown gene)
And some will lay Brown eggs ( ww + brown egg combination)

Uffff that was hard!
thumbsup.gif
@MotorcycleChick

Quote:
Both are great points. That's my thinking too.
You can also block that person's posts or flag them.

Sometimes it's better to ignore but it may still be hurtful to the hatee if the hater continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom