INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the baby goats are coming!!
wee.gif
fl.gif

So will you have a BYC contest to name them when they get here?

I love the amount of alcohol you consume. It almost makes up for your lack of coffee!
lol.png
You don't know the half of it.
You do know that beer and wine are food groups.
I've been called the original party animal by men 20 years my junior.

Ok, thanks!

I don't know about colors, but the top one sorta looks like a cockerel to me with that big comb.

Really?! I hate coffee! I don't mind the smell, but the taste ....... well .......
sickbyc.gif
It is definitely an acquired taste, just like hard liquor.
No one that tasted those things the first time would continue to consume.

Want to hear (read) irony?
If you do not receive your water bill, it is your problem. If the water company does not receive your payment, it is your problem.
If the water company posts a shut off notice right below a sign that says that that door is not in use, it is your problem that you didn't see it.
Ignorance of the law is no defense.
rant.gif

I have been at war with several of the utilities and actually won once.

I'm on a septic system but started getting sewer bills. I didn't pay them. After a year or so they threatened to cut my water off. I responded that I wasn't connected to the sewer at which time they countered that they were treating my runoff. I informed them that they weren't. They sent me a map of my property showing buildings and paved surfaces implying that those surfaces produced runoff they had to treat. I instructed them that what they showed as paved surfaces were in fact all permeable hardscape so there was no runoff. Further that all the buildings downspouts drain into a water garden and the back of my property is bermed so nothing runs off and even if it did, from there any runoff would enter the creek downstream from their lowest treatment facility.
Eventually, they said they agreed that they weren't treating my runoff, however there was still the issue of the $200 outstanding bill. I said that if they weren't treating my runoff, then I didn't have a $200 bill.
I never heard from them again.
Score 1 for the little guy.

idunno.gif
I can't help it! Coffee does not appeal to me in the least bit. Some people tell me you just have to get used to it, but why bother? I'll just stick with my black tea, thank you!

I will!
big_smile.png

lau.gif
What job did I have that requires me to drink coffee?
In the first 30+ years of my life, the only time I ever drank coffee was when I was in the Army and had the duty of Charge of Quarters which required that I be awake and alert for well over 24 hours. During the night, when it was really quiet, I would drink black coffee to help me stay awake, much to my chagrin. I even added some drops of caffeine to the coffee. There was a product you could buy over the counter at German drugstores called X112. I'd add about 4 drops to a cup of coffee and there would be no way to fall asleep. I used that time to write letters home which I did on a typewriter because in that condition I could knock out a dozen letters in no time. Periodically, I'd have to get up and run up and down stairs to burn off some energy.

I've been drinking straight black coffee for almost the last 20 yrs.
My wife switched to black to avoid fat just a bit before I quit completely.

I think the smell of coffee is often more offensive than the taste.
My whole family, except for my father, drinks their coffee like my mother. Two creams, and a sweet N' low. When I was raising my nephew, and working about 90 hours a week, I had to get used to black coffee. The convenience stores kept running out of either creamer or sweeteners or both.
I LOVE the smell of roast coffee.

Sweet n' low is a no no. As is aspartame. No wonder you have scary thoughts.
http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/gallery/best-worst-sugar-sub/p104142/page2

I'm so sorry you are having problems!!!!

I had the opposite happen. My current house is on a 2 acre lot that was abandoned for 10 years before it was fixed up and I bought it. As part of the fixing up, they ran new water pipes to the property which caused the water company to put in a new meter, right next to the old meter. We had the water put into our name, and first month we got a bill of like $12 - taxes and fees. For the next 2 years we got the same bill. We kept calling - saying it's not right. They told us they were reading our meter. Finally after 2 years, they figured out the new meter had never been connected, so it wasn't reading our water usage. They simply turned it on, and we started getting correct bills. They didn't back bill us . We were sure they were going to bill us an "estimated" amount, but they didn't.

I hope you get your water situation straightened out!
Between chickens and gardening, my water bill is sometimes out of sight.

The thing that gets me is that I have a gas bill whether I use gas or not and an electric bill whether I use electric or not.
The first $30+ of each bill is for nothing other than having the utilities connected to the house and any usage cost is tacked onto that.

Oh, that makes peeeeeerfect sense!
thumbsup.gif
(
roll.png
)
Hey, I just realized if you put a smiley face in parentheses, it looks like they have hair!!! (
smile.png
) (
sad.png
) (
big_smile.png
) (
wink.png
) (
hmm.png
) (
tongue.png
) (
lol.png
) (
roll.png
) (
cool.png
)

BLACK?!
sickbyc.gif

Really? I like the smell, just not the taste! Too bitter! I guess it's different if you load it with sugar, though!
lau.gif

No thank-you! Not for me! You can keep your coffee to yourself, thankee!
They look like dreadlocks.
I never drank coffee regularly till after I was married. My wife would brew a pot every morning and it smelled so good, I started drinking some with honey and heavy on the cream. More like a little coffee with my cream. I eventually was able to take it without honey but never could without cream. She quit the cream a couple years ago.
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
Come visit me in Washington, then you will know. I was a barista for many years. Washington gives a whole new meaning to coffee.
Washington, where coffee is king.

Just as it is in Costa Rica. If I moved there again I would probably start drinking it.

I worked in a restaurant for two years, passing the coffee station hundreds of times a night. Finally decided that anything that smelled that good couldn't possibly taste that bad. Started with cream & sugar 'til I worked where there was no refrigeration-exit cream. Was drinking so much sugared coffee I was gaining weight-exit sugar. That was 50 years ago...still drink it black or don't drink it at all.
At the height of my consumption I was sometimes drinking 3 pots a day when I worked midnights.

I quit soda due to the chemicals in it...aspertane
Same here. But I quit about 30 years ago.

What about BOSS. Is that considered scratch?
Similar. More vitamins and protein than conventional scratch but lots of fat. It will still generate heat when digested.

I tell my kids that only boring people are bored. Lol but I'm full of bolagna. Ask my grandpa. He says that is why my eyes are brown.
That was my dad's saying.
Boring people have no imagination.
An Asian Indian friend/coworker always walked around work complaining of being bored. I kept telling him to get a hobby.

No fun by myself lol. Hubby works 2nd shift and kids are out cold. All family lives at least 40 minutes away and they all work in the morning. Planning to have one Saturday though.
I do most things by myself.

Currently Viewing

1 Member
casportpony

hit.gif
No one to play with!

-Kathy

That's cause you're in the Pacific time zone.
I'm here. Just got back from playing pool with my son and his friend.
I'm out to set some traps and trail cams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom