INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yea , i had went out there several times and chased them off with the broom but you could hear them screaming in the trees around us then it wasnt even a few days later when we had started talking about making tractors for all the chickens two chicken hawks were on either side of the one tractor jeremy made trying to rip the hardwire cloth off to get to the chickens that were in it ,luckily the tractor was strong enough to keep them safe but it stressed the chickens out so we decided not to go with the tractors

lol anytime

On the bright side, my remaining adult chickens seem to be handling the heat quite well. One hen has seemed to be in distress the last 2 days. I may bring her into the cellar tonight since the next 4 days are going to be worse.
I'm worried about the chick coops. They don't regulate their temps so well. But they are under trees with huge windows.

I hope they do well :fl

Best birthday card ever! It wiggles!

Rofl!!! Love it!

Liz!!  Hello Beautiful!!  no Sara had a fox eat all the goslings and stuff in her grow out area.  I am sad but I guess its not ment to be. 

Hi CH
hmmm I bet I can find another lol

Hi everyone!!

I hope all is well , its been awhile since i have poked my head in
long time no see!!! Howdy!!

Mini Cows, Not sure I want a mini cow, I think I want a real big cow, to eat.  I wish I could do rabbits, just dont think I could do the deed, they are so cute and cuddly ughhhh
I am hoping to get a runt Hereford heifer super cheap :drool

BYC lost a member.

RIP connerhills (https://www.backyardchickens.com/u/39169/connerhills)

He didn't post much, but all the folks in the pea forum really respected him and we were fortunate to have a breeder of his caliber on BYC. KsKingBee started this thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1122269/george-connor-rest-in-peace

-Kathy
so sad, I need to remember to read the thread tomorrow

They will at least breed true but there's no pedigree of sires with all flocks running together.

It depends on what one's purposes are. Most probably don't care. If one wants to improve the breed, knowing who both parent's are will make breed improvement happen years ahead of random selection.

True. I'm going to try the clan mating system. I don't have many to chose from to start. The one rooster looks good but the back up has a crooked comb. One of the four hens has small feathers on her leg so she's out.

Would you use both roosters and go with that or make up the clans after the next generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom